wrx & lightning performance

fastford2004

Established Member
just wonderig about what the 02-03 subaru wrx, and the wrx sti run stock in the 1/4 and 0-60, also the same with the 02-03 lightning? thanks

cobraguy86

Established Member
02-03 WRX will run low 14s @ mid 90s in stock form, with boltons (full exhaust, boost controller) they are mid to low 13 @ 100ish capable. My 03 wrx w/ downpipe, uppipe, MBC, and i/c hoses ran [email protected]. STi's on the other hand bone stock run low 13s @ 102ish. Bolt ons make them mid 12 capable in the right hands. They are great cars, but trannys are definitley their weak point.

cobraguy86

Established Member
Not sure on the Sti but on my old rex I went to about 4500 and quickly slipped the clutch out. I never got it to an exact science, but I cut consistant 1.8 60's. The clutch on the stock wrx's is really crappy though, so don't expect to do this to much with out upgrading to a staged clutch.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by cobraguy86
Not sure on the Sti but on my old rex I went to about 4500 and quickly slipped the clutch out. I never got it to an exact science, but I cut consistant 1.8 60's. The clutch on the stock wrx's is really crappy though, so don't expect to do this to much with out upgrading to a staged clutch.

I won't be expecting to do it at all because I'm not buying a WRX but thanks, I atleast won't embarrass myself driving his STi again;-) :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread