Wrong oil filter?

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Unleashed I used a EA011 on my 2012 GT and just realized I used the wrong filter after reading your post. It went on just fine and doesn't seem to be leaking. Should I change to the EA017 or can I just use the EA011 until the next oil change?

vaporgirl

Established Member
oil filter

I would change back to the EAO17 filter since your GT is still under warranty, just incase there's a warranty issue, the dealer can't hold it against you. They may tell you that the filter has a different psi bypass or some other bull to get out of the warranty work. :rolling:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Unleashed I used a EA011 on my 2012 GT and just realized I used the wrong filter after reading your post. It went on just fine and doesn't seem to be leaking. Should I change to the EA017 or can I just use the EA011 until the next oil change?

Will make no difference. Both filters have the same thread and same base circle on the rubber seal. The only difference is the EaO11 is shorter and wider.

Ford Racing has been selling the MC 820 (EaO11) filter for coyote applications for quite awhile now. For reference, the Coyote calls for a MC 500 (EaO17).

There are some GT500's owners that have successfully used the EaO17 on the 5.4L modular. So far, they seem to be interchangeable.

If warranty compliance is an issue, returning to the EaO17 on the next oil change isn't a bad idea. Not sure what problems you would encounter from Ford, if any at all.

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Will make no difference. Both filters have the same thread and same base circle on the rubber seal. The only difference is the EaO11 is shorter and wider.

Ford Racing has been selling the MC 820 (EaO11) filter for coyote applications for quite awhile now. For reference, the Coyote calls for a MC 500 (EaO17).

There are some GT500's owners that have successfully used the EaO17 on the 5.4L modular. So far, they seem to be interchangeable.

If warranty compliance is an issue, returning to the EaO17 on the next oil change isn't a bad idea. Not sure what problems you would encounter from Ford, if any at all.

Thanks man, i'll just wait until my next oil change and then go with the ea017. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to change it asap for any reason.

Users who are viewing this thread