Wrong Mirror

Jpatte

Established Member
:rollseyes

Last month I posted that the assembly line put the wrong mirror on my Cobra. I think somebody on the forum stated it was a GT mirror. Well, after trying twice to get the right mirror, the repairs were finally made. But the body shop got a little carried away with the paint. Picture enclosed (I hope) What do you think I should do? Have the other mirror paint to match or order another mirror and have it painted correctly? Or could this be a new trend?

Jpatte

03 Cobra
Mineral Grey Convertable

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Does it not match? They should be able to match it pretty close.:beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
He means the plastic part connecting the mirror to the door. . .I don't think it looks too bad. BTW, did you ever take a picture of your car with the GT mirror?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
He means the plastic part connecting the mirror to the door. . .I don't think it looks too bad. BTW, did you ever take a picture of your car with the GT mirror?

:eek: How did I miss that? Maybe the medication I'm on.:shrug:

I'd want it that way it is suposed to be. Whatever tickels your pickel though.:beer:

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I had a similar problem with my drivers side mirror, at first it wouldnt work so the dealer ordered a complete new mirror and mount and then gave it back to me unpainted! Then I took it back in and they had it for 2 days and I get it back with the mirror AND the mount painted! SO after a major meltdown and a few choice words to the dealer, I had him re-order another mirror and mount, paint it before I got there and took it back again only when they were ready to install the correct one. I personally dont think it looks bad, I just wanted my dealer to make it right exactly the way it should have been. After them messing it up twice before hand and wasting my time for a simple repair, there was no way I was going to let them off the hook without fixing it right. I figured if I liked it enough I would have it done by someone else and not just accept it because they messed up.
Just my opinion and story, sorry for the rant about my dealer. I just grated me to no end that they couldnt tell the difference between painted & unpainted mirrors on the same car.
I believe the choice is yours, if you like it that way, so be it.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Looks good. I would keep it as is. And paint match the other side.

Jpatte

Established Member
GT Mirror

Here is the JPEG of the Cobra with the GT mirror on the driver side. It took us a month to discover that it was incorrect.

I8U,

Don't feel so bad, it took us a week to catch it.

Jpatte

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Re: GT Mirror

Originally posted by Jpatte

I8U,

Don't feel so bad, it took us a week to catch it.

Jpatte

:) I feel better. What are you going to do?:beer:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
I think it looks good, but for "incorectly refinishing" the one side make the bodyshop refinish the other side...Being a shop manager myself, I would do this for a customer!! If we screwed up in this manner! :)

03DOHC

Established Member
I don't like it, but it's your car. Whatever you do decide to do, definately get both sides to match!

Jpatte

Established Member
They don't fold in either.

The mirrors are the standard issue. (OEM)

Thanks for the help everyone,

I'm still undecided on what I'm going to do. I like to kept things stock and simple. I will let you know.

Jpatte

Brad

Banned
I did not read this thread.. but I think it looks bad.. If I was you, I would be making them buy me new mirrors.

Lomancobra

Established Member
First, I think that picture of the two different mirrors is hilarious. I think the guys at the factory were trying to have some fun.
Anyway, I really like the finished look of the entire mirror painted, I would match the other side and keep it.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Is it just me or if we spend 34+ on a car shouldn't it at least have folding mirrors?!?! Call me crazy but even my friends S10 Extreme has folding mirrors... sad.

-- Jaret

Users who are viewing this thread