Wrong information on ticket...

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Alright I got a speeding ticket in my Acura Integra....

My speedo is off due to different tire size but that is no excuse.. I was speeding no doubt. :(

He wrote on the ticket 71 in a 55....

but under the Vehicle he put Make : Honda Model : Acura

Could I possibly get that dismissed due to wrong vehicle information?
I'm not sure how the Texas DPS point system works but I know for a fact I am LOW on points left.... :(

I gotta have my license to work.. (military - vehicle operator)

I'm going to call the Texas DPS office in the morning but Im just curious....

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
That is not a reason to dismiss the ticket. The ticket will be amended to reflect the correct make and model.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Thanks for the reply..

Next question is for those Texas guys or anyone who knows for sure the Texas laws...

Im in Alaska but I have a TX License....

I read somewhere that after 6 points you pay $100 surcharge.... then $25 per additional point. So is that $100 for all 6 then if I have anymore $25 each?

Do I get to keep my license?

LT1-Z

american muscle
Established Member
i have noticed more judges dont care about mistakes on tickets these days,10-15 years ago that would get you out of it but now:nono:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Just so you know.... your Acura is a Honda!

In Maryland... ammended ticket (but no one will) the Judge just doesn't care about super small mistakes like that.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:
Thanks for the reply..

Next question is for those Texas guys or anyone who knows for sure the Texas laws...

Im in Alaska but I have a TX License....

I read somewhere that after 6 points you pay $100 surcharge.... then $25 per additional point. So is that $100 for all 6 then if I have anymore $25 each?

Do I get to keep my license?
Points are as follows, two points for a conviction on a moving violation and three points if you are found to have caused an accident. If you go over six points you will be suspended and will have to pay the $100 surcharge. Now, when you get it back depends on how fast you accumulated those points. They stay on your record for three years. Also, you could probably get an Occupational License. Work and back home. Question why do you have a Texas DL and living in Alaska. Are you military?
Now, I was just involved in a motorcycle pursuit a last week with a Kawasaki Ninja. Damn, that thing was fast, speeds of up to 160 mph. But you can never outrun the radio. Got him and seized his bike. The guys license was suspended for too many points.
If you run be prepared to pay the price.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Yes I'm military... (reason why I still got my license)
Oh and I called the TX DMV this morning. I think I'm fine license / points wise...

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread