Wrong Gas...

I was on Empty so i got some Gas at the gas station in my 01 Lightning.... mid way of filling my tank .... i realized how retarded i was and picked the cheap gas ( my daily driver saturn uses it).... I stopped at $25 and went inside and picked up a can of octane booster.....

Im still pinging and detonationg...

I have a predator... Should i detune my car and give it an 87 octane tune?

How can i fix this before i blow shit up...

-Danny

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
fill it to the brim with 93 and add octane boosters?? just bring the quality of that gas up as much as you can.... or drain the tank and get it all out

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
I did that with my focus once...I just used octane boosters and filled the rest with 91 (thats all they have here)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
93 octane or the highest unleaded you can buy. My loving g/f put 87 in my cobra once and I found a station with 100 octane and topped it off with that and it worked well.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
pay the 5.25 for the 100 octane and just take it eazy on this tank of gas...good luck

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Take it for a nice freeway drive and burn it all out. 87 octane won't hurt it while just cruising at a constant speed.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
The octane boost you buy at the parts store is crap. It will raise it to 87.3 or so. Toulene is 114 octane, sold at paint stores. A lot of Buick GN and some cobra guys mix it to make their own octane boost.

(# gallons x minimum octane) + (# gallons x maximum octane) / total gallons desired = effective octane

Torco Accelerator is supposed to be good too.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Just fill the rest up with race fuel, liek 100 plus if you can.

or drain it all out.

or if its safe on the blown cars, put it down to 87 on you pred. and take it easy.

Topless Cobra

Ford Newbie
Established Member
OhIIICobra said:
The octane boost you buy at the parts store is crap. It will raise it to 87.3 or so. Toulene is 114 octane, sold at paint stores. A lot of Buick GN and some cobra guys mix it to make their own octane boost.

(# gallons x minimum octane) + (# gallons x maximum octane) / total gallons desired = effective octane

+1 for Xylene or toulene, have ran it for years. mix at 3 gallons of 93 to 1 gallon of toulene ='s just under 100 octane and more boost and timing for:beer:

Higher cylinder pressure needs higher octane fuel-Stay out of the boost and burn it off.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
MachME said:
Just fill the rest up with race fuel, liek 100 plus if you can.

or drain it all out.

or if its safe on the blown cars, put it down to 87 on you pred. and take it easy.

Stay out of boost and burn up the gas.....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread