wrong court time written on ticket

elvalution

Established Member
a few weeks ago i got picked up for an mip and open container outside of yankton. On the ticket it says to appear in court at 10:00a.m. the next day when i went to the jail to pick up the driver the lady there told him that the time had changed and to show up at 9:00a.m. She didn't know who i was so she wasn't telling me this. What do you think i should do? I have a few options but I want to show up at 10:00a.m like the ticket says and hopefully they would have already called me up before then. Which if happened would mean at the time of my actual court time there would be no charges pressed. Does this sound logical to do or would you go about it a different way. Please help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

jshen

Established Member
Nope

"to show up at 9:00a.m"

Time here is Not a fatal mistake. The fact that you were told of different time indicates the court is already aware or will be. You showing up at 10:00 will, at best, get you a new court day and time. You showing up and demanding case be dismissed will: a) not happen, and b) will surely have judge pissed and remembering you....not a good thing. Keep in mind that "if they already call you up" and you "ain't" there..there may be a warrant for your arrest issued in that hour gap by the time you get there...and "if" that person who told you different time is handy...and tells court that she told you....well, not a good thing either. Those warrants have a nasty habit of biting one square on the butt because paperwork...can get entered into computers and forgotten and show up later on license inquiries...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I think it would be serve you well to show up on time (9:00am) and if your not called until 10:00am then you only lost an hour of your life. The error (if in fact it is an error) can be easily amended by the officer or the court, so why take the chance. Good luck.:)

Users who are viewing this thread