Wrench light with no codes thrown

Gruca

Established Member
I just wanted to share my experience, in the off chance it helps someone else out. I’ve been driving my 14 Mustang GT off and on this winter and after 15 minutes or so of driving, the wrench light would come on and the car goes into limp mode. It throws no codes and if you turn the car off and back on, the wrench light goes away. Car drives fine otherwise.

I thought it was the throttle body. It wasn’t. Wasn’t the MAF either. Long story short, it was the JMS boost a pump connection that connects to the gas pedal sensor. I always have the heater set to the floor and after it gets hit by the heat for a bit, it puts the car in limp mode. Moving it out of the way or setting the heat to a different place makes the light stop coming on.

This is on a 14 GT with GT350 fuel pumps and the dual JMS powermax version 2 BAP. I only saw one post that vaguely mentioned it, which is how I figured it out on my car. So hopefully this makes it easier for anyone else that may encounter it.

Papaw

Established Member
Good that you came across that vague comment. On the list of things to that could cause that situation that connection would be just about last.
Thanks for the info.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for the tip, I would have never guessed that would cause it. How are you liking the Rodeheavers system so far? Feel free to PM me so I don't derail your thread.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
Thanks for the tip, I would have never guessed that would cause it. How are you liking the Rodeheavers system so far? Feel free to PM me so I don't derail your thread.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Once I got the BAP on it to handle E85 with 800+ rwhp, it works very well. No complaints at all.

Users who are viewing this thread