Wreckless Driving Ticket Tonight...

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
You could claim you were drunk, and therefore not responsible for your actions!

jshen

Established Member
And.....

In a hurry because at the drive-in he robbed six people at gunpoint and didn't want to get caught.....Sorry...couldn't resist.

Here's a novel approach...go to court and tell the judge the truth. Tell him/her you messed up and are willing to take whatever consequences the court wishes to impose. Believe it or not...that impresses the judges cause they don't hear it much. Anything other than that will be interpreted to mean is -please cut me a break because the hotrod I knowingly bought got away from me and I got caught and my insurance will double because of my stupidity.....

Don't go to the DA with anything other that the truth approach..We can smell the BS a mile away and some of us were LEOs. As a Cobra owner I pretty much know the limits of the car as do LEOs and other DAs...

One final note...I will not change a ticket, other than to ADD charges, unless the ticketing officer comes to me and requests I do so. I do not listen to other LEOs or their supervisors...EVER.

Last edited:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Pull a Dave Chappelle and just say....

"Im sorry your honor, I didn't know I couldn't do that"

In all seriousness, Go to your court date. Someone will have to be there to represent the officers/state charges who will be some kind of District Attorney. When the judge calls your case, he will see if you are present, go up to the Podeum or whereever your supposed to go and wait for the judge to ask you questions.

When he says "Mr. Joemayo, How do you wish to plea to this charge?"

Answer with "Not Guilty, but if it will please the cout and the prosecution, I would be willing to plea No Contest to Speeding with the same forfetiture amount, and half the original points assessed to my license."

Either that, or be a man and take the punishment for what you did and not try to get out of it.

Fast04SVT

i would go talk to your cheif of police or sheriff to see what u can do to drop it down to just a too fast for conditions. It will cost u some money, but wont go on your license or insurance.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
you'd feel really stupid explaining to the other inmates that you're wearing an orange jump suit just because you missed a court date...

He would be just another one of many of them that did not have cash on them. You'd be surprised how many people get book'd for FAILURE TO APPEAR.

joemayo

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
He would be just another one of many of them that did not have cash on them. You'd be surprised how many people get book'd for FAILURE TO APPEAR.

I have the cash for sure I just don't want wreckless on my insurance since i'm only 20 on my dad's plan and all.. I'd be glad to pay for the 509dollar ticket... I was up there going to pay for the expired insurance paper I had (which I forgot to put my new one in the glove department) and they said no charge for that one since I came the next morning...

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
joemayo said:
I have the cash for sure I just don't want wreckless on my insurance since i'm only 20 on my dad's plan and all.. I'd be glad to pay for the 509dollar ticket... I was up there going to pay for the expired insurance paper I had (which I forgot to put my new one in the glove department) and they said no charge for that one since I came the next morning...

No, That was not directed at you, in the sense you could not pay the ticket.

In the legal system when you fail to appear for a court date, a Warrant is issued for your arrest. There are two types of warrant, a Body or Bond, or a Body Only.

If you have a Body or Bond, and you have the cash to pay the bond amount, you go to jail or PD and talk to the cashier, post bond and go home. Most people do not carry around that kind of cash as the Warrant will include the court costs etc. And if you had the money, why not just pay it in the first place?? Lots of people sit in Jail for this as their friends and family try to get the money together.

Second is Body only. Which means, no matter if your rolling with a Million bucks in your pocket, you can't bond out. They want the person......

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
2003CobraKB said:
i would go talk to your cheif of police or sheriff to see what u can do to drop it down to just a too fast for conditions. It will cost u some money, but wont go on your license or insurance.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Man .. This Thread had me rolling .... Glad I got back on when I did. Brought back some real memories ... of my days in Virginia with 11 points on my license and that AFTER I took the safe driving course ...

Let me give you my take on the situation ... Your at the doctors office and fixing to take it up the a$$. The only remaining question is Lube, No lube, or the lube with sand in it. How you respond will determine which one they use.

Frankly as someone who has done lots of stupid petty shyt My advice is this ...

As others have said .. go to court, with your lawyer. The story of your still getting used to the car is a good one ... unless you have had the car longer than a week. I would take the safe driving course if your state has one ... then go to court and tell the judge that you realize that what you did was stupid and you hadn't realized that the rear end would break loose the way it die. apologize profusely .. and hope for the best ...

This is one of those rare cases where I actually feel bad for the dude. Not too many people with a Cobra can say they have NEVER got on it for a moment on an empty road. Good luck in court.

monkeetunk

FiVe Oh
Established Member
joemayo, your from my area and my advice to you is to attempt to plea bargain to a lower charge.... "improper start" is a good one to plea to... careless is gonna hurt your insurance about as much as reckless. Go to the court on your trial date, first approach the prosecutor if possible and present your proposal... 9 times out of 10 he will agree if the issuing officer agrees. If you cant corner the prosecutor, wait until you are asked by the judge for a plea. Then ask to approach the bench and present the proposal to the judge. He/She will then ask the prosecutor if this is acceptable... If you are still retaining your attorney by then he/she can do this also and they usually work 10 out of 10 times because they are personal friends with the prosecutor..... Good Luck though....

Users who are viewing this thread