Wreckless Driving Ticket Help

scraggsds

I just got a wreckless driving ticket for doing dounuts about 2-3 weeks ago, I goto court on the 8th of September, any idea how much this is gonna cost me. I live in Onslow County, Jacksonville NC. ANy help would be great.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I am not for sure on the cost, it's up to the judge. Probably between $100-$200. I wouldn't worry about that though, it's a pretty high offense on your insurance. Worse than speeding tickets and careless driving, it's about as bad as having an accident on your record.

HONBOY1

Established Member
I WOULD GET AN ATTORNEY AND PLEAD NOT GUILTY! YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE THAT ON YOUR RECORD. YOUR INSURANCE WOULD GO THROUGH THE ROOF. I'M A COP, TRUST ME!! GET A WELL KNOWN ATTORNEY THAT USUALLY WORKS IN THAT COURT BRANCH WHERE YOUR HEARING IS. YOU PROBABLY CAN PLEA OUT ON A LESS SERIOUS CHARGE LIKE ILLEGAL SQEELING OF TIRES. NEVER KNOW, BUT DON'T EVER PLEAD GUILTY ESPECIALLY WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY'S ADVICE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

jshen

Established Member
Check your Traffic Code

Here it's an automatic suspension and notice to your insurance carrier..who, when you get your license back, will jack your rates 3 fold...You did not elaborate on whether this was public roadway or private property...Some states distinguish between the two.

PM me tomorrow with your code violation on your ticket.......

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by HONBOY1
I WOULD GET AN ATTORNEY AND PLEAD NOT GUILTY! YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE THAT ON YOUR RECORD. YOUR INSURANCE WOULD GO THROUGH THE ROOF. I'M A COP, TRUST ME!! GET A WELL KNOWN ATTORNEY THAT USUALLY WORKS IN THAT COURT BRANCH WHERE YOUR HEARING IS. YOU PROBABLY CAN PLEA OUT ON A LESS SERIOUS CHARGE LIKE ILLEGAL SQEELING OF TIRES. NEVER KNOW, BUT DON'T EVER PLEAD GUILTY ESPECIALLY WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY'S ADVICE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Just an FYI>> Typing in all CAPS means you're yelling.

99whtsnke

Established Member
without a doubt get an attorney, i've been in this situation before and like honboy said an attorney that practices at that court often would be the best choice. Also when you get to court try to chap it up w/ the officer that gave you the ticket b/c if the prosecutor talks to him and the cop says ya hes alright you can let him off your in good standing. I once talked to a cop before court started (he had given two tickets, two weeks apart), I told him this and he was like, "sorry about that, let me see what i can do" really helped me out

Good luck

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
i got a wreckless in NJ, went to court with my parents (i was 17 at the time) judge said it was nice that parents care blah blah blah, got it dropped to careless (2 points) but had to pay $250 fine plus court cost which was like $38

camaross0002

Established Member
Originally posted by 99whtsnke
without a doubt get an attorney, i've been in this situation before and like honboy said an attorney that practices at that court often would be the best choice. Also when you get to court try to chap it up w/ the officer that gave you the ticket b/c if the prosecutor talks to him and the cop says ya hes alright you can let him off your in good standing. I once talked to a cop before court started (he had given two tickets, two weeks apart), I told him this and he was like, "sorry about that, let me see what i can do" really helped me out

Good luck

99whtsnke has a point get an attorney and try to talk to the prosecutor and officer. Be nice because if you are a prick you are screwed. here in il. it is just as bad as getting a dui. Wreckless driving tickets are one of the worst to have on your record because your insurance will double or triple.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
My wreckless was withheld from my record and thats it no traffic
school or anything but it cost me $300 for my lawyer and 400 for the fines the judge made me pay! But My insurance did not go up since i was not convicted and i did not get any points either!

Good luck man!

jshen

Established Member
Point

Do not attempt to talk with prosecutor on your own. WE [ I am speaking loudly now] cannot ethically talk to you. I am limited in telling you of your rights to an attorney and [according ABA] suggesting you consult with one. Having said that...we're real people and I do, with officers recommendation, ask judge for a break. I NEVER [spoke loudly again] negotiate traffic matters without officers input and approval. As a former LEO I would get chapped if pros. attys negotiated my ticket without my input.

Police officers are some of the most understanding and caring people out there...or they wouldn't be putting up with the bullsh*t they do..on every single shift. Try to talk with the officer....be apologetic and tell them it won't hapen again. You know.."I did a stupid thing- it won't happen again". ..and mean it! Officers like to hear that..and if they come to the pros. atty., most of us follow their recommendation...........I do!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread