Wreckless Driving Ticket.. Details Inside

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I was just curious if I had a leg to stand on. I recently wrecked my cbr600 in a neighborhood and due to the skidmarks, I was given a ticket for wreckless driving. I doubt it was due solely to the skidmarks, but anyways.

I was unconcious (sp?) and so I didn't talk to the cop and went to the hospital because a neighbor saw me and called the ambulance. I not once talked to the cop. Think I could fight this in court? I look forward to your responses.:-D

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
1st off, I'm not a cop. I'm glad you're still alive and hopefully you learned something from what hapened.

I'm sure if you were in a neighborhood ( 25mph limit) and left a 60 foot skid mark ( for example) the cop knows what you were up to. With that being said - if you have a clean driving record and didn't hurt any one else I think the cop may reduce your ticket to a careless driving ticket if you explain that you were wrong, you learned a lesson from what happened, and you are sorry.

On the flip side: If the cop has a hard on for guys on "crotch rockets" you are not getting out of that ticket w/o a lwayer.

The most important thing is to look professional when you go to court and be respectful. Also Do NOT to BS the cop- he's not a moron and knows what long skidmarks imply.

Side Note about trying to BS a cop : I was in court once and heard a guy try to tell the Cop he had the km/per hour set on his dash and couldn't change it back to mph so he was just guessing his speed. This was his excuse for going 62 in a 50- it was a total lie. The cop turned around and said " Well buddy I happen to be one of those cops who knows the how the metric system works...are you trying to tell me you were going 30 mph ( approx 60 km/per hour) in a 50 and still passing traffic in the outer most lane?" At that point the cop turned and walked away while everyone else was laughing out loud at the moron who was now not getting out of his ticket.

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Skid marks are the accepted by law enforcement for accident recreations, The only leg you could stand on if there was somthing that happend that caused the accident or your lawer pleas bargins down to speeding becuase your a good guy and dont have history and have a good job that it is important for you lic and taking it away would hurt you as a otherwise productive member. You need help by attorney. In our state a careless and wreckless or DWI or DUI only really matters in the fine the INS is where you should be worried thats where they all the same is to the ins company for points Oh wait you had a accident related also thats more points pay the 2g to get you to a speeding ticket.

If I only had to worry about the ticket I would be in heaven. It hits you where it counts

Users who are viewing this thread