Wrecked the L

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
AGAIN!!! and again not my fault. This 19 year old girl ran a stop sign and plowed into me. She said she was listening to her GPS and wasn't looking up. My back and neck hurt. I'm getting a bit scared cuz of how sleepy I am now and I hesitated to answer a few simple questions given by the officers. I declined any assistance because I thought I was fine.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

The black below the door is actually the trim from the interior. I couldn't open the door to get out.

I think it's finally over and I won't be getting another L. The shitty thing is I had been tempted to get something new, but my uncle that helped me get this truck just passed away last week and I was going to pay it off and park it to keep it. It means alot to be , but I don't think it's going to end well this time.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Jesus Christ man, that looks like she hit you HARD.

That really sucks to lose another L, can't imagine going through that. Get to a doctor though, asap, nothing to be playing around with, especially if you're that worried. Hopefully insurance won't be too big of a bitch through all this and you can get your money fast. I guess just save up till the next big thing comes around that fits you.

I liked that truck too.:( Good luck on the recovery man, keep us updated.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I'm actually supposed to be moving the first of the year and won't have any time for it anymore. I really wanted to keep it, but needed it in proper working order.

lvgolfer962

Established Member
she hit you pretty hard. 3 or 4 years ago a woman hit me in the passenger side on my little toyota truck and it looked just like yours. i thought i was alright and went home and ended up going to the hospital later that night.

if you haven't already go out and get a lawyer and stop talking to the insurance company. it will take awhile for everything to get worked out but you will have a nice check when you finished:coolman:

Last edited:

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Like an injury lawyer? I'm not hurt, but it's causing everything to suck. I won't have the truck to move plus I don't really have a way to get to work anymore.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
holy shit that sucks man. As the above have mentioned, better get yourself checked out by a doctor, you could have some serious injuries you don't know about.

lvgolfer962

Established Member
Like an injury lawyer? I'm not hurt, but it's causing everything to suck. I won't have the truck to move plus I don't really have a way to get to work anymore.

id ask around for referrals because a good one might take a little more but they usually get you more in the end. it could take a week for neck or back pain to show up so dont settle to soon or you will be s-o-l

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
GET IN TO SEE A GOOD DOCTOR! Often times people are injured worse than they think from these types of accidents and will have problems that don't show up for days and can continue to worsen over weeks.

I see patients all the time who's history starts out something like "Well my [neck/back] problems all started 10,15, or 20+ years ago when I was in this car wreck. I thought I was OK and it only hurt for a few weeks but then a few months later...... and ever since then....."

Sorry to hear about your crash. Like others have said, that insurance adjuster who is so nice to you oon the phone will get a bonus for paying you as little as possible. The adjuster is not your friend and should be trusted less than a bad politician.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I got 2 chiropractors offices come by my house today. They had the police report even before I did. I filed the claim on the phone before she did with her insurance company. If I do go get checked out will her company foot the bill? That's mostly the reason I thought I'd just tough it out. With moving and all I need all the money I can get, especially I'm going to be using the majority of my savings for a down payment.

lvgolfer962

Established Member
get a lawyer:poke:. they will take care of everything, that's what they get paid to do. all your doctor bills will be taken out of your settlement, so you wont have any out of pocket costs.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I'd be a little leary about "doctors" who are seeking you out based on accident reports they aquired before you even got the report. Same for lawyers who call on you after the accident. Keep in mind when I say that, I am a chiropractor. Ask around and find a good chiropractor to see, not an ambulance chaser. Also laws vary from state to state but the normal scinareo is that her insurance will be responsible for all if your treatment costs to return you to "pre injury status". This is different in states with "no fault" insurance where your insurance company will be responsible for the costs. In either case it should not cost you anything out of pocket.

BTW PM me and tell me where in Texas you are and I may be able to help you with a referral. I went to grad school in Dallas so I know a few good docs there still.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Right now I'm in Odessa, Tx but should be in Dallas on the 10th.

Another question I just thought of....will I be allowed to take off my aftermarket parts? I'd really want my spindles, springs, shocks, Gaylord cover, bedrug, hood, and tires since none of that is even a year old yet. I have the stuff to get it back to stock except the hood, but would they even allow that to happen short of me buying it back?

This is an extremely annoying experience and any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Right now I'm in Odessa, Tx but should be in Dallas on the 10th.

Another question I just thought of....will I be allowed to take off my aftermarket parts? I'd really want my spindles, springs, shocks, Gaylord cover, bedrug, hood, and tires since none of that is even a year old yet. I have the stuff to get it back to stock except the hood, but would they even allow that to happen short of me buying it back?

This is an extremely annoying experience and any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

when my brothers 93 explorer got totaled, they only let him take things he could replace with stock... He didn't have his OEM radio and had to fight like hell to get that out of the truck....

So it'll probably be the same deal for you, but it depends on your insurance company i guess....

How bad is it? From what i can see it looks like it needs a new bed, door and the body straightened and it'd be fixed :shrug:

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
To me it looks like it'd need a cab as well, plus the ground effects from the door back. Also, on the passenger side the cab and bed are mid-aligned by like 2 inches...so I'm thinking it has a tweaked frame.

I'm not an adjuster, so what do I know? Ultimately the best situation for me would be for it to be repaired so that's what I'm hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread