wrecked 93 cobra, worth the effort?

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
so, this is just an idea. i don't have the intentions of getting this car, unless otherwise persuaded. let me know what you think. this car would be used as a cruiser if purchased, something for my wife to have and get her feet wet in the mustang game. i've recently gotten into the welding game and could do the work myself, except for paint the front clip. if purchased, there are several CHEAP fox's i could get and just cut the front off them and transfer it over. here's some details and a couple pics

93 cobra with 88k miles
clear title
guy hit a truck tire in the front
has all parts, including bent body panels, engine, tranny, wheels
motor has aluminum heads, he's not sure of the model, i haven't checked them yet
aftermarket clutch
catback
red with gray leather

the car is clean and straight, aside from the front, interior is nice and rest of body is nice. the only thing that pushes me away, is that he cut the frame rails. it's all chopped off in front of the strut towers. i can weld it all back on. i would box the front frame rails, and weld in smooth panels in the engine bay. it would look nicer, but mainly strengthen where the weak point was. the frame is straight. let me know any ideas and or questions. he's asking 4,500, i'm not willing to pay that much and he wants it gone. so i'd make a lower offer and just let it go if i can't get it for an amount i'm comfortable with

cobra006.gif

cobra007.gif

cobra011.gif

cobra008.gif

cobra009.gif

cobra002.gif

GTSSTANG

Established Member
If you can do the work it's not a bad idea seein it is a Cobra. IMO it is not worth $4500 when you can get clean GTs and LXs for that.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
yeah, like i said, it's not worth that much. at this point, i'd be okay around 2,900. it's way lower than he wants, but depends on how bad he wants it gone. the accident was 3 years ago, never got rid of it till trying now

like i said, i can get a fox to cut up for around 600 bucks, then... radiator, machine shop check engine, misc. parts and stuff would wind up around 7-800. i have a ton of parts for mustangs too that i could use. then paint the front clip 1k?

with those guess's, it would add up around 5,500 ish for the car to be complete

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
this would also include lots of trips to the junkyard, i'm not trying to build a badass street machine, the components are there. i'd just clean everything up real nice and paint it. pretty much restore to pre accident condition

dragrazor

Established Member
Honestly, if the interior is as clean as you say, I would not pay any more than 2500-3000 for it.If you have the time, space and patience, then if he accepts your offer, I would do it. I would just be afraid of it being more than you can chew and then be something that YOU just want to get rid of. Just my opinion.

~Ray~

Established Member
Let me know if you don't buy it mike, looking for a project myself like this.

Users who are viewing this thread