Wrecked 2014 GT500, $30K

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I recently wrecked my car by skipping off a concrete barrier in June. The car is a 2014 GT500 with 16k miles. The 5.8 engine has bolt ons with 817rwhp and 827rwtq and runs on E85. 6 point custom roll cage. Car runs very good, engine isn't damaged. 8.8 rear end with 9in ends and 35 spline axles and spool. Also has Ice tank in trunk. Needs front end work and paint. Would make a good pure drag race car. Only driver side airbag deployed. Has MGW Gen 2 shifter on TR6060 with Spec clutch. Comes with SCTX4 tuner and all tunes done by Lund Racing. Comes with car cover from ford, has Shaker 1000 system. Tons of Performance mods. I have original undamaged K member and A arms. Car had BMR front end that was damaged. Will have salvaged title. Asking $30k obo.

BDC19979-EC42-4652-97F7-D9676ABB6048.jpg

E62A0BD1-7557-49A5-A602-371386FAB45C.jpg

3B08EB7A-3E17-4141-8DEC-2C7B728449FB.jpg

03C8EAAE-0340-44EF-91BA-F560ED0E8A98.jpg

25FF8C3E-F0D4-47C2-8A0A-CCC1791A9DCD.jpg

C1B4D669-DB84-4062-88B2-F880DA52EB25.jpg

E2CB7AFD-4F5A-4212-9F53-F5A4D58BCA34.jpg

50010350-2923-4E2D-89E1-70330AF99824.jpg

7F9F1019-A686-4A2E-8854-C98F9A9788E8.jpg

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
If rebuilt: The front of the frame will need extensive work done with a frame machine/porto powers.. The front ends of these cars are VERY stubborn to bend back into position. Also the list goes on and on on what needs to be done from the cross-member forward.

These cars when wrecked are purchased from private insurance auctions for around $11-$14k. Usually an auto dismantler and not a rebuilder in this case.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
engine is worth 14k alone, and auction houses that sell these wrecked are not seeing these type of values. Also, i said OR BEST OFFER, which means don't belittle my post please. I chose a high number in thoughts the negotiating would go down from there, but this is a perfect drag car. Nothing is wrong with the frame, it has been checked by the body shop. Front end needs to be replaced, NOT bent back...lol. If someone offered me under $20k for my car, Id laugh and keep it for myself.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Do you know 100% that the engine is not harmed if so at what point would you consider parting the car?

stutter

eat me
Established Member
id like to sell car as whole, if not then i may part. Also, the engine should be good. no part of the engine was damaged, so to double check id say hook up a radiator and intercooler and she should start. I can do that before car is sold obviously.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
My apologies if my previous post seemed belittling in nature. The two front beams (frame rails) circled in RED are part of the vehicles frame/chassis. These are bent to the right and require to be bent back with the use of a frame machine/ porto power. or completely replaced by cutting away at the frame itself.

Also, the left fender rail assembly (what the radiator support connects to), circled in GREEN, appears to be bent/shifted off towards the right along with the strut housing (where the strut is seated).

Your car is repairable but it will require a lot of chopping away at. I would either suggest having it fixed and then selling it as salvaged or selling it for parts where you would slowly but surely make some of your money back.

2exm3iu.jpg

ms12s2.jpg

Regardless, best of luck! It hurts inside seeing such a beautiful car end up like that. I'm sure you walk away fine which is also a blessing in itself.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Car is toasted. Only thing it's good for is a tube chassis race car - those front frame horns aren't coming back straight.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
For any NOOB looking at this. Based on current retail price and what it would take to total this from an insurance perspective, the repair bill to put back to like new was probably in the 30 to 40K range, at least.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Im trying to sell as a race car buld....as it already has all rear end stuff for it....and yes, thanks elcoyote, i thought you were talking abou the undercarage mid-rear.....i know the front will have to be replaced.....but what i didnt mention is since the front end had so many mods, i have EVERY single bolt and part that came off that could be put back on.....i.e. Kmember, aarms.....lol. Im starting another project, but i dont need to sell this....just dont have time for it.......

Regulars520

Established Member
Im trying to sell as a race car buld....as it already has all rear end stuff for it....and yes, thanks elcoyote, i thought you were talking abou the undercarage mid-rear.....i know the front will have to be replaced.....but what i didnt mention is since the front end had so many mods, i have EVERY single bolt and part that came off that could be put back on.....i.e. Kmember, aarms.....lol. Im starting another project, but i dont need to sell this....just dont have time for it.......

Interested in any trades? I have a GT500 that I could use these parts for.
I have a 1999 Cobra triple black vert. New MMR shortblock 9.5:1 Comp. Brand new VMP TVS S/C. Fore return fuel system with dual 465 pumps. Built 4r70w auto. PCS trans computer. New top, nice interior, etc.... New Nitto tires. Its about to be repainted. Only the best was put into the motor. ARP studs, etc.. So if you want another toy to play with that has about 15k in motor alone in it. Body has 72k on it. If you are interested hit me up at 530-575-0156 with a text anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread