Would you?

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
So, when I got back from deployment I picked up a shell with a roll cage in it and have since been building up the suspension and reinforcing the chassis. Originally intending to make it a weekend only track star I recently found out that both of the drag strips in Phoenix have closed. And as of right now they have no plans on reopening them anytime soon.

Here's the question, my buddy Bob runs a shop out of his barn, been doing it for 33 years restoring Fords and building race cars. Damn good at it too. Well he has a 572 CID Big Block (CHEVY) motor that he recently picked up a set of John Kasse Super Cobra JET heads for.

The engine will make a retarded amount of HP and even more TQ, but still be streetable and he can build it to even handle boost that I can add on at a later day. (procharger is in the future) BUT ITS A FRICHEN CHEVY ENGINE!

Sooooo would you?

Here's a pic of the car two years ago, I don't have anything updated as were waiting to install everything once we have the engine ready so that we can pick a spring rate.

2011-07-15_12-14-11_425_zpsd4b94ad5.jpg

2011-07-15_12-13-57_664_zpscff7c840.jpg

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Originally we were planning a 600cid, which was a ford motor, but the price to do that engine would turned out to be about 10,000 dollars more than the 572

cornholio

Established Member
You are asking, so...... Hell No! Few things irritate me more in the car world. But that is indeed me, and you should do what you want to do and be happy with your car.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Mods please lock this thread and ban OP for all eternity:wf::poke:

Dont worry I apparently miss heard him. Its a 570 big block with super cobra jet heads.

I guess I should have figured that out, knowing the heads wont fit a fricken chevy motor.

ITS NOT A CHEVY MOTOR The world is safe again!:rockon:

Last edited:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
No

Buy a camaro/firebird shell

LOL, I bought a firebird when I first got to FT Campbell, it feel apart within 6 months, engine had some serious issues, but it was 392 crate motor somebody ****ed up.

Chebby? Really? Desecration of the Soul!

Yeah I told the guy helping me build the cobra that and he corrected me its not a chevy

You are asking, so...... Hell No! Few things irritate me more in the car world. But that is indeed me, and you should do what you want to do and be happy with your car.

Well, lets face it what we do with our cars is more often than not guided by our wallets and mine is definately not deep enough to do what I want lol

NewDuuude

Established Member
Why not
If it were any plain mod motor id say no
But this car will be a beast an nobody would seriously criticize the car/ power after its done. Unless they just want something to complain about.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I think if you are going to go with such a project, you may as well keep it straight. People always have opinions, but it would be quite irritating to me always hearing people make stupid comments about the "sacrilege".
That said, if you don't care about it going in the car, and you don't think you will mind people's crap... then just do it, your money, your life. Live happy.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
No. Use this instead. 528cid, 646hp and 632 torque on 91 pump gas. Has a nitrous system on top of that. Svo block, blue thunder heads,ect. :)

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

Last edited:

nclewis

Established Member
Dont worry I apparently miss heard him. Its a 570 big block with super cobra jet heads.

I guess I should have figured that out, knowing the heads wont fit a fricken chevy motor.

ITS NOT A CHEVY MOTOR The world is safe again!:rockon:

Actually pretty surprised nobody caught on that you was talking about a Chevy motor but using Ford heads...

SlowSVT

Established Member
Do this and a mob with pitchforks and torches will be at your front door demanding you give-up on this blasphemy or surrender the Terminator before they burn your house to the ground! :fm:

A pushrod engine in a Cobra :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread