Would you guys sell your 93 for an 85.5 SVO?

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I have just been contacted by the original owner of an 85.5 SVO mustang. No mods and not sure about the miles at the moment. Its a 9L car, which is my favorite.....i used to have an 86 just like it. I've had the cobra for 12 years now and it has 31,600 miles on it. I would love to have both but I dont have room in the garage. It either sell my M5 or the Cobra to fund this deal. It seems like the SVO will be sought out as a collector more in the furture than the Cobra but the numbers do not currently suggest that to be true. What are your thoughts? Im not sure I can part with the Cobra but man I'd love to have another SVO.....especially a very rare 85.5.

richstang

Established Member
IMO, among fox enthusiasts the SVO has more of a cult type of following, where as the Cobra has a larger mainstream popularity. For me, as much as I like SVO's a '93 Cobra still tops it by far. (Is 9L the dark blue?) Either way you can't go wrong and you should do what is going to make you the most happy.

awful knawful

Established Member
I would buy the SVO and keep the 93 if you can swing it. I don't sell shit, I'm a hoarder I think.....

kcp203

Established Member
I wouldn't trade, but it would be fun to have both.

The 2.3T in the SVOs are good for modding up to 300RWHP, which is fun in a car that light for a weekend track car.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
The mileage turned out to be higher than expected. I cannot sell the 93 for a high mile SVO so I passed. I'd still love to have it though. I'll have another SVO one day!

escogt

Ford MOTORSPORT
Established Member
I too thought about selling my SVO, but just can't do it. I shouldn't have sold my Cobra either... Ugh...

My 36K mile 9L SVO. Original wheels with correct Gatorbacks are in storage.

CIMG3460_zpscb833616.jpg

CIMG3458_zps81e2d138.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
escogt, LOVE the SVO. Man, I miss mine. I'm sure I'd miss the Cobra more seeing as how I've had it so long. Its black on grey, no sunroof. #228

cobra.jpg

cobraM5.jpg

escogt

Ford MOTORSPORT
Established Member
escogt, LOVE the SVO. Man, I miss mine. I'm sure I'd miss the Cobra more seeing as how I've had it so long. Its black on grey, no sunroof. #228

cobra.jpg

cobraM5.jpg

Thanks man. I miss my '93 Cobra BIG TIME!!!! Made a HUGE mistake selling it.
Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing... Ugh...

Yours is beautiful!!!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
IMO, the collectability of the 93 will always be more than the SVO. The SVO cars simply never caught on like the 93 did.

Don't get me wrong, I really like them. But they simply don't pull the numbers.

Ithnu

Established Member
Crap I always wanted a 1993 Cobra (check that off) and a mid 2000's M3.

So if you already have a Cobra AND an M5. Done.

Ithnu

Established Member
The SVO cars simply never caught on like the 93 did.

Caught on? Most people don't even know they exist. Shit the average person doesn't even know what a Grand National is.

I had a student in grad school who had some hacked/mod'd POS Nissan 200 and said he got smoked by "some random Oldsmobile". Didn't even recognize it was a Grand National. He told me about it and I told him don't worry,he didn't have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread