Would you ditch the iTSX for a Xcal3 if you had a issue???

NOLACLS

Established Member
I reciently put a roush on my F150 5.0 with the calibrated roush tune. That tune is not that great so I wanted a custom tune. I already had a iTSX so I contacted a tuner and got a tune to try out. It went from my iphone email to the iTSX with out issue and downloaded the stock tune and uploaded the new custom tune with out issue. The new tune shifted a little harder than I wanted so I asked to have that adjusted and send me another one. The new tune went to the itsx again from my phone with out issue again but when it was tuning the truck it failed. This left the truck un-startable...would not return it to stock either...even with SCTs help and many restore files tried. I had to send the PCM and iTSX to sct and they bench tested it and found the itsx would not unlock the PCM anymore so they sent me a new itsx that they tested and it worked for them.

So my question is...time to try to tune the truck again...would you try the iTSX again or just get a Xcal 3. I would rather not shell out the extra cash...but my truck not starting+family vacation+angry wife thats not into tuning= me giving it some thought lol

Anyone else having issues or hearing about issues with the itsx begin so new?

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I'd ditch it. I had to buy and xcal because the damn itsx won't datalog yet. I'm still pissed over that one. Right now as far as I'm concerned it just a fancy gauge display.

NOLACLS

Established Member
I'd ditch it. I had to buy and xcal because the damn itsx won't datalog yet. I'm still pissed over that one. Right now as far as I'm concerned it just a fancy gauge display.

I havent tried the dataloging yet...it doesnt work at all on any car/truck? Not ready too yet?

Turbo900rr

Established Member
Wouldn't you know it sct released the update today to do data logging. About freaking time! I'll try to datalog with the itsx this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread