Would this garbage really hold up?

assasyn

Established Member
On a lot of the videos on here, you see something along the lines of "all footage was computer generated" or "this was on a private track". I find it hard to believe that their little disclaimer would hold up in any legal maters. Could anything happen to them anyway? BTW For the record I find video taping yourself doing anything illegal is about as dumb as you can get.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
No.

Everytime I see that I don't read "All images are computer generated" I see "All images on this tape are of idiots who listened to thier stupid friends".

Personally, Im just waiting for someone to post a video like that online of them in my city. Nothing better than having a tape, street signs, license plates, and sometimes faces to put into evidence. Anyone who tapes themself doing ANYTHING ilegal is a complete moron. I personally would have ZERO problems with writing tickets out for that stuff, especially the ones that are racing in traffic with visible Cross traffic, etc.

It's like me taping myself having sex with some random woman and putting "All images are computer generated" on it and expecting my girlfriend NOT to kick my ass... it's just not going to happen.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
It's like me taping myself having sex with some random woman and putting "All images are computer generated" on it and expecting my girlfriend NOT to kick my ass... it's just not going to happen.

Uh Oh :uh oh: :lol1: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
No.

Everytime I see that I don't read "All images are computer generated" I see "All images on this tape are of idiots who listened to thier stupid friends".

Personally, Im just waiting for someone to post a video like that online of them in my city. Nothing better than having a tape, street signs, license plates, and sometimes faces to put into evidence. Anyone who tapes themself doing ANYTHING ilegal is a complete moron. I personally would have ZERO problems with writing tickets out for that stuff, especially the ones that are racing in traffic with visible Cross traffic, etc.

I was gonna say, couldn't you simply in court prove the tape isn't computer generation? I mean it's pretty obvious...if that was their argument I don't see how in the world the prosecution wouldn't blast a 20 foot hole in that defense.

jshen

Established Member
It's not the "comuter generated" that is the issue. Tapes have to be authenticated. i.e. show that they have not been altered and what the tape shows is, in fact, true/real. For example, adjusting the speed of the recording can make the speed of the car appear to be going slower/faster than it is. Watched Smokey and the Bandit last night...and it's kinda funny how they speed up the car scenes to show it going faster. Also noticed, his changing gears when that car came only with an automatic. The point of all of this is...we have to lay a foundation for evidence...and the defense gets to try to shoot holes in it.

Having said all that..I agree that if you video yourself racing...it CAN comeback to haunt you......"You copy that good buddy?" I'm 10-10

Users who are viewing this thread