Would this be a good suspension setup?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
In the future I plan on lowering the car. I also want better bushing in the irs. I know bruces kit is the best, but MM's kit uses delrin bushings too. Will these work? Link below. I also plan on these mods at the same time. Will also be ordering nitto 555 drag radials 305/35/18. This is a street only car, on nice days, not a dd. thanks!

H&R race springs or Eibach pro kit
MM Caster camber plates
Billetflow IRS brace
Subframe bushings

I just had MM full length sfc's added today!

IRS Rear Grip Package - The Basics [MMRG-20] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just an FYI: This is not a fair comparison to Bruce's full kit. His kit contains far more than that MM basic kit and is about $250 less. Here is the comparable MM kit:
IRS Rear Grip Package - Race [MMRG-22] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

But to answer your question, that is a good start for a street only weekend/pleasure car. The parts you show will work though.

Thanks for info, I'm just not sure how crazy I have to get for a seldom driven car, but I want great handling and "zero" wheelhop when I am driving the car.

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
Bruces kit looks like the ticket to eliminate wheel hop, plus you support a fellow member and site sponsor. Its what I'm installing in the next few weeks along with the MM Maximum Grip box (less the IRS parts I'm getting from Full Tilt).

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a great handling car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bruces kit looks like the ticket to eliminate wheel hop, plus you support a fellow member and site sponsor. Its what I'm installing in the next few weeks along with the MM Maximum Grip box (less the IRS parts I'm getting from Full Tilt).

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a great handling car.

Thing is, I'll be having the shop that did my tuning install on my suspension, as I don't have all the tools or a hoist which would make life easier. I've also never worked on suspension much at all.

I've heard its more time consuming than anything. But I figured while doing a spring swap, might as well do the rest because it will probably cost less in the long run doing it this way.

Slow99x

Established Member
fulltiltboogieracing.com FTMFW!!!!

Bruce is a great guy and hooked me up with new rear knuckles for a damn good price.

Jroc

Established Member
I would do only Steeda Sport springs or H&R Race springs. I personally would do the Steeda's as I like the stance they provide better, and they are made by Hypercoil.

03mgtermi

Established Member
Bruce's kit is the ONLY way to go.....he'll sell you the stuff in pieces too if money supply is an issue. IMO, it doesn't make sense to rip everything apart and not install the whole kit but its up to you.

Also, i've never done suspension work before and only have standard hand and power tools. Installed the kit in my garage over the course of a week + 2 weekends. One man band here. Not gunna say it was easy but the money savings was WELL worth it over having a shop install it.

Users who are viewing this thread