Would a firewall adjuster help with the following problem?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Sometimes when I get on it, a little play gets into the clutch. It feels loose when the clutch out (like a dead space). I pull back on the clutch and push back in and it feels fine ..

Would a firewall adjuster help with this? What causes it?

thanks
Crowley

adamb258

Established Member
Yes it would help. I think its b/c the stock quadrant in plastic and it wears and flexes. I had upr's fw adjuster and quadrant on my mach 1 and it made a pretty substantial difference.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea i have the same problem. it's only happend twice and it's when i powershifted into 4th

cgg074

Established Member
Definitely!!

It helps in everything! Shifting will be greatly improved.

And you can adjust the clutch pedal where you want the clutch to engage; close to the floor or not.

This was my first mod!

Go for it!

03DOHC

Established Member
The firewall adjuster alone will not help with that because it is the stock clutch quadrant that is getting out of adjustment. You are re-adjusting it by lifting the clutch pedal and pressing down on the clutch pedal. If you just get a firewall adjuster the stock quadrant can still get out of adjustment and you'll still have to lift the pedal and press it down when it does go out of adjustment. A firewall adjuster and aftermarket quadrant together will help.

Users who are viewing this thread