WOT

13BlackGT

Established Member
93ac4749346c79acb4142b0b4f7660c1.jpg

If you took your 87 yr old mom to her dr appointment in your supercharged coyote would you do a wot pull?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
It would depend on your mom, and if you rolled into WOT on the highway or just bury the pedal from a dig and especially if she had heart issues or bad disc in her neck/back.
I'd warn her, and see if she was up for it, but ease into it. A few lighter pulls, and gauge her reaction/comfort, before burying the pedal.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
My mom never got past 58, or a chance to ride in the Mustang with the turbo but she and the rest of the women in my family are/were used to having fast cars and enjoyed them.
As teens my mom and my aunt would fight over who got to drive my grandmothers '69 Mustang. "Minivan" was a cuss word growing up.
Doing a quick pull into 2nd in my 500hp Lightning from a dig was met with a grin followed by laughter at the end of the pull. But not only with my mom and sister, but my grandma who was more concerned about spilling her tea, and would make sure the lid was on tight.
All 3, would request it, and would feel like they were cheated if I didn't get the blower to whine.
Those little things just make you miss them even more, I was lucky. I'm out of living parents and grandparents, and my sister is in another time zone.

Last edited:

13BlackGT

Established Member
It would depend on your mom, and if you rolled into WOT on the highway or just bury the pedal from a dig and especially if she had heart issues or bad disc in her neck/back.
I'd warn her, and see if she was up for it, but ease into it. A few lighter pulls, and gauge her reaction/comfort, before burying the pedal.

My dad always had mustangs and she loves them. I asked her if she wanted to and she said yes. I have it on the 91 tune and iat2 was pretty hot so it wasn’t nearly as radical as it could have been. It runs 11.0s on the 91 tune. Rolled into it and went wot to about 75 mph. She was grinning big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Fantastic!

New memories for both of you, that will dovetail into others from the past that in my case often results in a great story or many from the past.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome that she actually enjoyed the WOT pull. If my mom had lived here in CT when I had my '03 Cobra, for sure she would have enjoyed a WOT pull. And for sure I would have done it. Now my mother-in-law? No way? She would have totally freaked out. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread