wot/window switches

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
Im new to nitrous and I need to know what wot/window switches are and if you guys approve of using them or not.
Thanks

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
wot/window switches are used only with nitrous, maybe methanol injection i dont really know, but they are there to make sure that you dont spray unless you at wot, high in the revs because nitrous at 2krpms would wreck your motor pretty wuick.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
WOT(wide open throttle) switch is there so that the nitrous only sprays when you go WOT. The window switch allows you to set the RPM where you want the nitrous to spray, usually between 3k-6krpm's, thats the safe zone. I dont have a window switch but it is recommended for saftey reasons, actually you dont really need either but if you want to do it right get both.

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
Thanks, how pricey are these? I was planning on running a wot switch, but not both, I will have to look into that.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Honestly you need both imho esp with a high pwr stick car. Without a rpm window if you hit the rpm limiter, no fuel, lots of nitrous bad deal. Miss a shift, tires spin, lots of reasons, you need it. I have a msd prog switch, its ok going to delegate it to the 69. jegs summit etc. Lots of better ones also but needs to be for coil on plug or prog. I would always set window top setting lower than rpm limiter was set.

Users who are viewing this thread