WOT BOX, who has them, who likes them?

Teej281

Established Member
Whatever dude...you're right, I'm wrong, whatever. It's no use arguing with you. I ask a question, you give an answer without any proof backing it up which means you first hand went out and used no clutch with a wot box.

Btw, we will see what the actual company that makes this box says hopefully tomorrow, as I just emailed them asking my question. You may be right, in which case I will admit I was wrong and apologize.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Everything I posted I read on their website and just reread it to make sure. What do you want? Someone to do the simple research for you? Using google makes n2mb's site pretty easy to find and they fully explain what it does and how.

Teej281

Established Member
Well I read and reread their site and it does not blatantly say you do not have to use the clutch! In their words, you must blip the clutch pedal. That is very unclear about what you actually have to do. So before I take your word as right, I want to hear it from those who made the product. You don't have the facts, you are interpreting what their website says as they are unclear. So because of the unclear nature of what they say, I'm going to just wait until I hear from them.

MVD

Established Member
RedRocketMike and Teej281 - both you guys are arguing about the product and neither of you have used it. I have it installed on my car and can tell you first hand how it works.

You do have to still use the clutch, the amount you have to depress the clutch depends on how your original setup is (firewall adjuster and quadrant). But electronically, you have to depress the clutch enough to activate the NSS which is the green wire you tap into near the pedal.

Like I said before, if you know how to powershift the product is useless unless you want the 2 step feature.

Teej281

Established Member
Well Mike, looks like you were right and I apologize. Here is what the company sent me in an email today.

"Hi,

You don't technically have to push the clutch in all the way. You would just have to slightly tap it enough to trigger the cruise control clutch switch. That switch on the mustang triggers with just about any movement, so it would work.

I don't think you would absolutely have to fully disengage the clutch, but it is probably better for your transmission if you do. The WOT Box will cut power to the ignition when you no-lift shift, so that will allow the transmission to come out of gear easily, even if you don't fully depress the clutch.

Let me know if you have any questions."

Just thought I would share and apologize for doubting mike.

vip3r1850

Established Member
Another use of the WOT Box is for the nitrous guys who want to use a 2 step without creating a crazy nest of relays and switches to cut the nitrous when your in 2 Step mode

Digital

Established Member
RedRocketMike and Teej281 - both you guys are arguing about the product and neither of you have used it. I have it installed on my car and can tell you first hand how it works.

You do have to still use the clutch, the amount you have to depress the clutch depends on how your original setup is (firewall adjuster and quadrant). But electronically, you have to depress the clutch enough to activate the NSS which is the green wire you tap into near the pedal.

Like I said before, if you know how to powershift the product is useless unless you want the 2 step feature.

Or you want your turbo to keep boost between shifts.....

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
I just installed one of the N2MB WOT Boxes on my car. The 2 step seems to work great (after I disabled the RPM lockout), but the no-lift shift will take some getting used to.

On more than one occasion I have accidentally tripped the clutch switch before I was ready to power shift the next gear. Apparantly, I lightly rest my foot on the clutch pedal between shifts and it's just enough to trip the box and cut the ignition. Consequently, the car falls on its nose, I panic and it ruins the gear banging good time. :dw:

I have been emailing the vendor about having an RPM lockout feature added to their box to help with this. It currently only looks at the TPS voltage (which is adjustable) to decide if the no-lift feature should accept the clutch switch input to cut the ignition.

From what I've seen, most guys just move the clutch switch a little on the pedal assembly to make it less sensitive. To me that seems like a band aid.

If it had a way to completely lock out the no-lift feature until the engine was at a preset RPM it would be better I think. The way it is now, you can be cruising in 6th gear (or any gear) at 2500 RPM, floor it and then tap the clutch and the no-lift cuts the ignition. To me that makes no sense why it should work that way. I can't think of a single scenario where I would need that.

I am in NO way bashing this part. It is a great part for the money and I am thankful for these small vendors who make affordable, reliable parts to fit our needs. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread