wot box rpm vs boost building

ferfont1

Established Member
Hey guys i'm running a stock 04 cobra with the THP twin 61mm turbo kit and sullivan intake setup. I just installed my wot box setup and i've set the 2 step at 2k, 3k, 4k, and 4.5k all with zero boost, is this because my turbos are pretty large for the stock motor? What are you guys setting your rpm at and what boost are you seeing? I'm going to keep upping the rpm and post up what i find out, i just can't see me leaving at 6k off the line at the track! :rolling:

brunocobratt

Established Member
i have a hp performance kit with stock motor and 50mm turbos, wot box too, at 5500rpm it makes 6 pounds with out messing with the tuning, i don't launch at 5500 rpm it is too much for my 18' drag radials

ferfont1

Established Member
i have a hp performance kit with stock motor and 50mm turbos, wot box too, at 5500rpm it makes 6 pounds with out messing with the tuning, i don't launch at 5500 rpm it is too much for my 18' drag radials

Well that doesnt make me feel too bad, i'm going to up the rpms this weekend and update the info.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You need to adjust timing in the tune. When I had the stick in my car the sweet spot for me was -5* of timing while on the 2 step @ 5000+ RPMS, would build around 12-15#s

ferfont1

Established Member
You need to adjust timing in the tune. When I had the stick in my car the sweet spot for me was -5* of timing while on the 2 step @ 5000+ RPMS, would build around 12-15#s

Damn! Time for a re-tune! lol

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member

Revisiting ! How / where do you change the tune
so it's only effected during the 2step ?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
There is a table to adjust timing depending on load and RPM.

So lets say you want to use the 2step @ 5k and above. Datalog while on the 2 step see where load is. Probably around 1.1-1.3 In that table start pulling timing there @ 5000 RPMS and above. Repeat as necessary.

You should never have a problem with it pulling timing under normal driving because the only other way you can hit that load value @ that RPM is if you were part throttle above 5000rpms which would be crazy lol

itSSlow98

Established Member
How lonmg are you guys sitting on the 2 step to build the boost? Should it take 3-5 seconds or quicker/slower?

Users who are viewing this thread