Wot box on 6 speed turbo cars = untouchable

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I have an 04 Supra (spooling joke but it does suck!) I mean 04 cobra (stock everything) with stock 01 intake, TH400 and blah blah blah...with a shot of juice...

Trying to get the car in the 9's solid when I bring it out but its fighting took and nail :shrug:

what size turbo?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
While it is possible to drive a turbo cobra at the track without the WOTbox, I had a much easier time running with the box.
What was the differnce at the track before and after the WOT box?

I actually like the concept of the box and do believe it's easier on the trans during shifts. I just don't think even the built T-56's can handle the sheer torque of the high HP turbo cars regardless of how it's shifted.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Glad you liking the Wot box OP... The fact that you completely spun out would scared me though....

I would probably blame that on tires more than driver or anything else... You have over 700 hp and use nittos?

My nittos dont like to grip in anything colder than 80ish degrees and I am not even at the 600 mark yet...

I3oosted

The "King"
Established Member
Ive rode with Avery and I will not just hop in the car with anyone and go for a spin.. Avery is a good driver when it comes to banging gears.. He has had some crazy fast bikes and is used to speed.. Problem here is the turbos are a lil to big for the combo. I think a smaller turbo, with a BB would do wonders for spool time on the car. As far as him spinning out in the road, if anyone has ever been around a cold nitto, it does not act like a mickey Thompson tire and spin but still be gripping.. If you break traction with a NITTO tire.. it is instant tire smoke and there is not much you can do about it..

I am a big auto fan with a turbo setup.. You can never shift as fast as an auto can, but some people do not want a 3 speed due to the fact they drive a lot on the highway.. I had an auto turbo 1993 cobra back in 93 when turbos where unheard of on mustangs, and I have never looked back.

nanastymach1

Established Member
Good thing they just repaved Phillips bridge rd too I'm sure that was a big part of it terrible road but it's a great straight stretch ...believe It or not the nittos actually do really good..they have hooked on all my setups making 600+ hp from whipple 3.4 to twin turbos nitto 335/35/18

Users who are viewing this thread