Worth Trading my car for?

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Guys, I am in a dilema here. I love the 93 cobras, its more or less my dream stang I guess I could say. I have a 94 with bolt ons. Gears, pullies, mid pipe, catback, frpp wires and I think thats it and only 60k on the car. Is it worth trading....this is what was done to the car. This was a pm the guy sent me after I pm'd him...give me your thoughts. I also am gonna check with the guy and ask him if I do decide to do a trade and he is up for it, I would want to take it to a reputable mechanic I know and have him go over it and make sure it is ok in the first week I had it. If it is not in as good a shape as he claims, I would make a "contract" where if it didnt work out as I hoped, than I would be allowed to trade back. He is in OK
Stock Rebuild, The motor HAD a seeping head gasket so the rebuild pretty much consisted of a valve job, resurface, new gaskets, Standard rings and bearings, etc. the trans has a new syncro kit because it was grinding in second. The car drives perfect now.

This is a very clean car inside and out. 135,000 on the odometer. The motor Trans and Drivetrain were rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago.
Clear Oklahoma Title.
Mods:
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Eibach Lowering Springs
FMS 3.73's
MAC Cold Air
BBK Underdrive Pulleys
HPM CC Plates
MAC Pro-Chamber
MAC Pro-Dumps

The car has New Paint (original Color), Wheels were recoated by AirBorn Coatings, New Headlights w/ Clear corners, New Ceramic Brake pads & New Rotors, New Tires (Yokohama 245/45/ZR17), Cold A/C, CD Player, The Only flaw in the entire car is the tear in the drivers seat, other than that it is Perfect. Asking $10,500 obo.

Last edited:

svtdriven

Established Member
I've noticed that you've been looking for a 93 for a while now. if the car looks like it's accident free, and it drives/handles as nice as yours does or better. Try not to get too excited when you go see it. Keep an open mind. If you feel comfortable with it, then do it.

When I went to get mine, I flew down to see it. the overall condition was quite a bit more worn than what I expected. But then I drove it. I really liked it! Drove the car all the way home without any issues. my 98 is faster, much faster(procharger), and a lot more refined overall, but when I am walking out to the cars, I tend to take the 93 more often than not.

reyberg

Established Member
I wish my story was like yours svtdrievn. I found a 93 in Detroit that a lady was selling (here husband past away). So I see the pics of it and it is a great looking car except it had sunroof and I didn't really want. It had 102K on it and she was asking around $10,000 for it. I asked about accidents and she said he "bumped" something with the left fender but it was repaired and not noticeable. I fly up there from Missouri and when I get there it looks good until I 1)take it on a test drive and it dies all of a sudden and 2) I look at the sun roof and there are these 2 dips on opposite sides of the corners of the sunroof. What a "bump" huh? I very nicely asked her to take me back to the airport and bought another ticket home.

Don't settle for second best. I looked some more and about two months later I found the car I have right now in St. Louis and it had 21K on it and got it for $15,000. It is very cherry. You might hold off and look in the winter. Sometimes the market isn't so high then.

I love the 93...period

Users who are viewing this thread