worth it to rebuild the s/c?

lilmarc1988

Established Member
alot of people said its not even worth it to rebuild my s/c. its 300 to rebuild and another 700 to get everything else, beside the fuel system. so is it worth it? it need new seals and bearings, but thats it. thanks for the help

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
V 1 S-trim. It's in his sig.

I am a little confused on what you mean by; "and another 700 to get everything else". Are you referring to the blower bracket, and or things needed just to install the supercharger, or are you talking about something else?

The only way you are going to pay $700 for a bunch of nuts, bolts, hoses,and brackets is if you'r bying it from Vortech. If you are lacking a few things, let me know what you need and I might have some stuff you can use.

I'm also not sure what you mean by worth it. If you mean should you buy a new kit altogether instead, then sure it's worth it. Since you want to stay with the stock short block, the S-trim is the way to go.

Last edited:

lilmarc1988

Established Member
yeah i meant the brackets and all that. because, i seen it at superchagers online for all the other stuff that is needed. but alot of people from work is saying its not worth it. i can understand if i was selling the car in a year but i have no plans to part ways with my baby lol.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
The things you will need from Vortech are the main bracket, feed and retrun lines for the oil, alternator bolt, idler pulley, supercharger pulley, and the discharger tube. There is no way all that stuff is going to run you $700. You really don't even need to get the oil lines from them,it's just easier. I wouldn't even fool around with that alternator bolt as it's an odd size and it just has threads on the ends.

Is this for a GT?

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
if you dont know if you want to have a blower on your car i can help persuade you to keep it, if youd like a ride in my car.if your just going to rebuild it before it goes on as a precaution id say do it.itll save you time in the long run.when my parts would break id just go to galloway or homedepot for new ones.its a whole lot cheaper than dealing with vortech

Users who are viewing this thread