worth gettn c&l for 01 cobra?

KillrCobra

Established Member
I only have o/r H and flows. Don't think I want to dive into installing some longtubes, so I guess the next financially capable step would be a MAF. Is it worth it though? Thanks for any opinions.

KillrCobra

Established Member
gears?

I was under the impression that if I got some 4.10s then my halfshafts would snap like toothpicks. thanks for the reply.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I just ordered mine for my 01 cobra and the person at C&L just told me they introduced the Mass air to throttle body tube which I also picked up. Cant wait to get it in, then get it on.:thumbsup:

KillrCobra

Established Member
let me know

2k1_svt,
How much did it cost for the kit(w/ the TB to MAF tube included)?
Let me know how the SOTP feeling is after installing it.

Later

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
When he told me it was 399.00 even with shipping I was like :
ObKayBe. Shipping was very fast. Two days and it was here. One problem everything is great but they sent me the GT tube instead of the Cobra. They both have diff. throttle body holes. :cuss:

Good quality parts let me tell you and the K&N filter is huge. I cant wait to put it on. <Mumbles> I would have allready.:cryying:

KillrCobra

Established Member
that sucks having to wait for the right intake tube...I know I'ld be pissed.

Finally said the hell with it and called up Houston Performance and the guy told me they tested the C&L and Pro-M on 99+ Cobras and didn't get much of an increase with either(guess the meter on the newer Cobras is much better than the 96-98s), so now I'm leaning towards just getting a full length Dense and maybe some pullies, but I've been hearing some negative stuff about UDPs. Any more opinions on my next mod? Thanks for the info.

Later :thumbsup:

slither01

Established Member
While at a "dyno day" I witnessed two 01 Cobra's dyno stock MAF vs. 80mm C&L. They both gained 13 - 14 RWHP, that was enough to sell me.
I put Steeda UDP's on that same day and gained 6 - 8 RWHP going up through the "curve". I have not had any problems at all with them.

slick4_6

Established Member
In the May 2001 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine, Paul Svinicky says that the 99 cobra intake is the cork in the intake side. Just what I read. Quote " it flows 390 cfm maximum."

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
Originally posted by slither01
While at a "dyno day" I witnessed two 01 Cobra's dyno stock MAF vs. 80mm C&L. They both gained 13 - 14 RWHP, that was enough to sell me..........

slither01 speaks the truth................. :thumbsup:

I'm one of the guys he's talking about:-D

Last edited:

slither01

Established Member
yeah, I can't wait to get mine back on the dyno, but I'm going to wait and do a before and after when I put the Magnaflow X-pipe and CatBack on.....(hopefully in the near future)

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Well here are the results so far. No dyno but wow what a diff. it made. Throttle responce is great and the car screams on the highway now. I dont know what it is but I think my exhaust got louder too, I dont know. About the problem with the wrong pipe they sent me, they handled it very professional and appoligized and even told me they are in the works of producing the pipe for the 2001 Cobra and they are waiting for the machine to make them. So Im sending back the wrong pipe shipping refunded also and Im glad I made the purchase.:thumbsup:

Go for the C&L

KillrCobra

Established Member
Damn, after hearing all these great results from the C&L I think I'll forget about the Dense and just get the MAF. Thanks a lot for the info and I'm glad it responded so well.

Later:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread