World Record EcoBoost Mustang By Livernois Motorsports!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As many of you know, Livernois Motorsports started hitting the EcoBoost Mustang hard right from the minute we received our car. Being the First production EB Mustang in the 12's, and then the first to the 11's was no small feat. After reaching these milestones we started concentrating developing our other parts and pieces for the EB Mustang, and of course customer's builds and our products for the other vehicles we support as well.

Earlier this year, we decided to help create, and sponsor the first ever EcoBoost Battle at the NMRA Bowling Green World Finals. We originally did this without the intent of bringing any company cars. Being a company that firmly puts our customers first, it wasn't until less than 2 weeks prior to the event that we decided to give it a go with our prototype version of our Turbo Upgrade we were working on. Unfortunately, the timing just wasn't there to get it completed with Dan Millen having to attend to other matters at the same time as the race, so we decided to take the car to showcase our work so far, and then begin working on it again afterwards.

With The EcoBoost Battle in the record books, we decided to start working on validation of the core components of our Windstorm Turbo Upgrade system on our car. We decided the world was ready to see what we were working on and showcased our turbo upgrade as a new product at SEMA. After winning an international award for product design, we came back from SEMA ready to track test our new upgrade package, and Today was that day.

At a little after 2pm today, we reset the World Record for EcoBoost performance. Not only sporting the world's quickest EcoBoost Mustang, it's also the world's quickest EcoBoost powered vehicle. But more importantly, this is no purpose built race car, just an upgraded street car, just as our car has always been.

This Record setting run ended up being a [email protected] and was achieved with the following upgrades:

Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Turbo Upgrade kit featuring a Precision Turbo 58/58 Ball Bearing Turbo
Livernois Motorsports Snowstorm methanol injection system
Livernois Motorsports Snowstorm Intercooler upgrade
Livernois Motorsports Pro-Series Shortblock
17" Drag wheel/tire combo

What's even more impressive is the list of items we did NOT upgrade, as this car had the following stock parts:

Suspension
Gear
Posi
Axles
Driveshaft
Injectors
Fuel System
Map Sensor
Brakes
Interior (less Passenger seat)
Radio and Navigation

Next step, maybe a little bit of nitrous to see what that nets us when added to this record setting combo :)

Video to follow, but for now, feast your eyes on the time slip :)

download_20151111_153139_zpsri50xa74.jpg

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Not by any means trying to put a damper on this, I think you guys are awesome. My question is did you really need to do a shortblock for this kind of power?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Awesome, Congrats guys!

Oldstv, I'd assume it makes 550-600 RWHP through an auto... Not sure a stock 4 cylinder short block would take that kind of power.

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wonder if anybody knows just how far the stock block can be pushed?

based on what we have seen, we would say the max safe level for a stock engine (and when we mean safe, we mean to trust for years, not months) is about 350RWHP on a auto, and about 375RWHP on a manual. of course depending on the tune, it can fail much below those levels as well, but if everything is done properly those levels are the max points we feel save with. Now, will people make more power than that and not get instantly burned? absolutely, but they need to go into it knowing they are playing with fire. We would rather be proactive and upgrade before a failure as opposed to waiting until a rod snaps and now you're buying a block, crank, AND upgrading the internals.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Sure, I understand that completely. Just wondering if we know where the line is yet. Great performance guys, you will be in the 9s before its done.

Fastan

Established Member
Late Breaking News flash...New EB World record pass
.10.87 @ 122.52..��

5289.jpg

Last edited:

Fastan

Established Member
Latest Breaking News flash...New EB World record pass by Brad Gusler..BG Racing
.10.58 @ 128.32 on second pass with a smidge more boost

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Last edited:

Fastan

Established Member
Thanks man. Yeah the air is nice today but can't take much advantage of it since we can't get the power to the ground. 60' times are suffering..bah!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks man. Yeah the air is nice today but can't take much advantage of it since we can't get the power to the ground. 60' times are suffering..bah!

Not taking anything from BG Racing, but I think it's worth noting that one is more of a street car and one is a track car. Although I think BG is still running a stock long block? Eitherway, the end goal is the same and that's to make the Ecoboost shake and bake which both companies are doing a fine job of!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Looking fwd to NMRA springbreak shootout!! I will be there with Lexi Fruggiero and her white Ecoboost Mustang with a stock turbo, built shortblock with Livernois Motorsports goodies inside!!! Her car ran 11.49 @ 116MPH on the stock block and Livernois tune.

Users who are viewing this thread