Works 140 Lysholm (Whipple) 2.3 L blower $1900

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
This is an original Works 140 blower 'kit'. It has been modified for a boost bypass and I have adatper plates for both 99/00 and 01+. Comes with $140 Whipple 3.5 inch pully (with 4# lower and long tubes I see 15.5 psi at the top end) System uses Cobra pullies not Lightning pullies.

This Lysholm compressor was rebuilt completely by Ed Martienez of PSE Superchargers less than 2000 miles ago. This compressor is like brand new.

I modified the air intake for a boost by pass valve which didn't exist for this type of intake. Only 20 or so of these kits were made and even less were sold or exist. The kits were offered in boost by pass (Street kit) or by-pass=less (race kit). I modified a race kit to accept a by pass. The by pass valve is a $240 all billet Forge air bypass valve. It plumbs in to the back side of the intake and only needs one vacuum line to operate it. This is the 99/00 set up.

I also have a 01+ race mid plate. To use this all you would do is remove the bypass valve and put a cap on it. (Because that pipe only has vacuum on it) The race kit is only suggested if you do not street your system for long periods of time. A friend in Cali snapped a wrist pin on a built block probably due to this, not 100% positive on that cause yet)

If you wanted to do a 01+ street kit Ed has 01+ adapters (Call for sure to see that he has one in stock machined) for $200 or so shipped.

The beauty of this kit is the air flow is much more relaxed on the intake side with less harsh turns than the current whipple kit. This is the exact same compressor that Will has on his Whipple kit. (Lysholm made the compressors for Whipple, Whipple made the intakes and adapters to make them work, for many years it was like that until recently when Whipple started to make thier own compressors)

This kit is VERY simple. All vacuum lines, egr hook up, intake systems that work with and on the stock Eaton blower work on this. No crazy IAC relocate. This blower is a beast at anything over 16 psi, as I understand it's target PSI is 20 to 24. (A 3 inch upper on a 6# lower)

$1900 gets you the compressor, Works intake, 99/00 AND 01+ midplates and Forge bypass valve. Everything you see in the second and third pics plus the 01+ mid plate.
(Carbon fiber intake is NOT included.)
IMG00571_1024x768_001.sized.jpg

Works1.sized.jpg

Works2.sized.jpg

Works3.sized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread