Working on the "R"s...

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Since the forum was idle, I thought I'd give you guys something to read.

I'm getting my "fix" by swapping motors in the two "R" cars for the last couple of wkeds. The street car now has it's orig. motor back in, and running smooth again. The race car now has the gooood motor in it. I've also learned more about the race car by taking it apart and back together. All I have to do, is get the under the hood stuff done, and I'll be ready to hit the key on the race car.

Can't wait 'til O/T next year. I might go to more events with you guys than two, like I'd planned. I'd like Summit Point, VIR, Road Atlanta, MID Ohio. Any of those possibilities?

Is anyone else having fun over the Thanksgiving wked?

"R"s ROCK,

Gene Boc.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Gene,
Just curious, but why the engine swapping? Why had the engines been moved between cars in the first place? You aren't preparing us for a surprise.......are you? :beer:

Brian

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
swapping????

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Gene,
Just curious, but why the engine swapping? Why had the engines been moved between cars in the first place? You aren't preparing us for a surprise.......are you? :beer:

Brian

Heh Heh Heh

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
swapping...

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Oh Oh, I'll take that as a yes. ;)

Brian,

Before I bought the #22 race car, I had to do something to my other "R", because that's my nature(to tinker and make them faster). I never had the guts to modify my low mi. "R" body structure. So, I built an eng. for it, and just dreamed of racing an "R". Then #22, and all you guys I met at MAM, changed that. Even when I vintaged raced with SVRA, I didn't have as much fun. I know I'm not really OLD like Kevin, but I'm taking on his motto "it's never too late etc.". So,I hope to see you and the guys at some tracks next year. That's where gear heads have their most fun.

Gene

kevin

Re: swapping...

Originally posted by Cobra R Man
Brian,

Before I bought the #22 race car, I had to do something to my other "R", because that's my nature(to tinker and make them faster). I never had the guts to modify my low mi. "R" body structure. So, I built an eng. for it, and just dreamed of racing an "R". Then #22, and all you guys I met at MAM, changed that. Even when I vintaged raced with SVRA, I didn't have as much fun. I know I'm not really OLD like Kevin, but I'm taking on his motto "it's never too late etc.". So,I hope to see you and the guys at some tracks next year. That's where gear heads have their most fun.

Gene

touche (i think) :lol: :shrug:

i'm not old, just a child trapped in someone else's decrepit body;-)

Users who are viewing this thread