Working In Arizona

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Hey guys, I am from Canada and currently am a student. I will be done my degree fairly soon and am looking to re locate. What are the job prospects like in Arizona right now? I have done countless hours of researching on the web but would like first hand personal answers.

The reason I choose Arizona is because of the cheap housing costs-- I will be able to buy my house outright and not have any mortgage payments. The weather is amazing, I would love being able to drive my car for more then 4-5 months a year.

My degree is in Finance and I plan on working in/for a bank as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), so finance is my general career field. If anyone has any input I would love to hear it.

Thanks.

tallguy2.3

Established Member
Terrible. I have no idea about the finance world though. They could be hiring like mad for all I know. AZ was hit hard by the economy drop because it had ballooned up sooooo much.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I would say stay away from working anywhere near a bank, because of the housing market and all of the illegal foreclosures etc. People HATE banks and anyone that associates with them. If you want to work as a CFP I would look into Edward Jones. I have a friend there and he loves the company.

Tkaugh29

Established Member
I would say stay away from working anywhere near a bank, because of the housing market and all of the illegal foreclosures etc. People HATE banks and anyone that associates with them. If you want to work as a CFP I would look into Edward Jones. I have a friend there and he loves the company.

Thank you for the reply. I don't really mind where I work, but from what I know (at least in Canada) banks have better hiring packages for new graduates.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I would say to start off working with a recruiter. If you contact Ajilon finance over in Mesa, they are a staffing company and you can be hired on at a company as a temp then will turn perm if all works out. I find that thats good because you get to test the company to see if you like them as well. If you are interested I can give you a name and number of someone to contact over there.

mineralstangt

Established Member
Hey OP, just curious as to whereabout in Az are you looking at? I just relocated myself from Cali to San Tan Valley and am looking into the job market currently to see what I qualify for.

Users who are viewing this thread