Work in progress. advice?

Nukem1040

Established Member
Here's what I have so far. You can see how it goes from the pics and you can follow another forum on the 93 website: 1993 Cobra Registry :: View topic - Engine rebuild, suggestions?

I have a couple questions if a couple of you could throw some advice my way.
It's all torn apart. I will load pics shortly. One problem is one of the roller rockers had a pin on the tip roller about ready to fall apart. It has not caused any damage but thinking I may need a new set. These are stamped ford but they were made by Crane Cams. Any advice on this guys? Also the injector clips are missing and I will need either new injectors or to send these out for cleaning. Any recommendations on this also? Again, trying to stay as stock as possible and will do whatever to keep the original parts in.

As far as the RR, are these aftermarket then? Was there a couple out there with these yellow ones with the Ford stamp? The guy I bought this from said it was never touched on the inside and the guy doing all this work said from the way the gaskets look, it was never touched either. Comments?

Photobucket: 93 Cobra pictures by svt3565 - Photobucket

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
1) I didnt know the stock rockers were gold. Ive never had my engine apart but if they look that good I know why you want to keep them.

2) Your project looks great but you just had to send the donor cobra to the crusher?? I mean yea it was only a black one but it looked fine and could have been rebuilt to anything and still been a 93 cobra. :(

3) What is a Lake Violet Pearl Cobra ?

Nukem1040

Established Member
what do you mean "it was only a black one".....
lol, yeah, what do you mean "only black one"?
JK.

1. I got info on the gold thanks to Aaron. The oil stains them this color and you have to clean them and they turn right back to silver. Good info to know.

2. If you read through that link with the picks I posted, I mentioned how it could no longer be registered due to the accident and the guy took the money and made it salvaged. Don't remember the rest, but if you click on it, I have the story. It was a great body and the guy(including myself) tried to sell it for $200 and people on here bitched about how its no good, so the guy crushed it. I would have taken it myself if I was home. One less Black 93:shrug:

3. Lake Violet Pearl is from House of Kolors. Its Sonic blue but changes color to purple depending on sunlight. Shitload of compliments. Actually just sold this car. Gonna miss her:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread