Work In Progress: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think after all of your work on her car your aunt should pass it on to you. LOL. What an impressive before and after change thus far. And it will only get better. I know it's a lot of work, but your efforts are spot on and rewarding.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
OK, you are getting somewhere now with the hood. Just remember to check your paint readings after before and after you hit them with your wool pads. And, you will have to finish it down after going heavy duty on it, those pads will mar the heck out of the surface, but don't freak out, they will remove your heavier defects while putting minor defects into the paint that you will need to polish out.

Readings aren't all that bad, not great, but I've seen and worked on worse!

Keep it going, this is a great thread!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I think after all of your work on her car your aunt should pass it on to you. LOL. What an impressive before and after change thus far. And it will only get better. I know it's a lot of work, but your efforts are spot on and rewarding.

Funny enough, my father is actually going to buy it because he wants a stick car again and hasn't pulled the trigger on a C7 vette. He's buying it for pretty much half of what it'll be worth when I'm done with it. I threw it up on a lift at a friends shop and aside from needing tires (3 of these are the original runflats, one was a date code 09), 2 of the wheels are bent. Everything underneath was very clean though, bushings all looked good, no leaking shocks, no rust.

OK, you are getting somewhere now with the hood. Just remember to check your paint readings after before and after you hit them with your wool pads. And, you will have to finish it down after going heavy duty on it, those pads will mar the heck out of the surface, but don't freak out, they will remove your heavier defects while putting minor defects into the paint that you will need to polish out.

Readings aren't all that bad, not great, but I've seen and worked on worse!

Keep it going, this is a great thread!

Glad to know I'm getting approval from one of our resident professional detailers

Good news is the wool pads finally shipped. I hope to find some time this weekend to work on the car again since I'll be moving some cars out of state getting ready to move soon. I'm hoping the wool will work and I can zip through this.

Since this paint is so hard, how do you think the polishing is going to go? I'm afraid the pads I normally polish with won't be enough, I think I normally use white but I also bought some blues. Should I step the polish up with an orange pad? Or stick with the normal polish procedure.

I'll have to check the sides under good light and see how bad the scratches are, I figure as of right now, I'll only do the horizontal flat surfaces of the car with the wool pads.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I think the polishing part will be slow! See how your normal setup works first with the white pad, then up your pad to the next one up. You can't go too aggressive with the combo cuz you're trying to polish the marring out, and heavier pads will tend to put them in.

Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread