Work Christmas/holiday gifts.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
We just got our gift today and I was wondering what others got as far as gifts from their company.

This year we had an extraordinary good year. We had the choice of 32gb iPad air or mini with cell service or Nikon d5200 dslr camera. I went with the iPad air.

So does anyone else get something like this from their company or is mine the only one.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
When I worked for State Farm we got holiday gifts. The gift value was determined based on your tenure with the company. Prior to my leave from the company and having 6 years in, I started to receive some nice gifts such as entry level watches etc.

The company I'm with now does a holiday bonus instead.

Para81

Established Member
I have worked for Fortune 500 companies (major defense contractors) for the last 10 years. Profit margins like you wouldn't believe.

I never once got a company Christmas present from them...ever. :bored:

oldmodman

Established Member
I have never worked at any company where Christmas gifts were exchanged.

A Christmas Bonus, yes. But never a gift.

One time when I was working for Gillette we were allowed to buy all the stuff we wanted at "dock cost" And at that time Gillette was distributing Braun, Hasselblad, and Nikon. I bought thousands of dollars worth of cameras, lenses, and shavers. Prices were more than 60% off list. And no sales tax either.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Actually we got our bonus today too but i don't want to get into how much it was. Let's just say I was very happy with it.

Last edited:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Everyone gets the gift, even co-ops and part time employees. Same with the bonus but obviously you're level and performance determines how much you get.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
No gifts or bonus given here. I do give my guys Gift cards/Movie tickets anyway. It's no digital TV, but just something to say Happy Holidays and I care even if the company doesn't or can't.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
My wife's isn't getting a bonus this year because they said she has done so well/ they want to reinvest in the company. Her new pay structure she gets a percentage of her sales/the account she manages. Lucky for her she works her butt off and does well, but now they hired a sales person, so once again we figure they are going to change the pay structure.

They have changed it the last two years now so we would like them to just it to stabilize. They also preach that they want people to start working Sat. so that they don't have to hire new people so they can reinvest back into the company and theoretically pay everyone more. Doubt it, and she will have to work over her vacation from Florida because the assistant they keep promising to hire her never seems to materialize. I just feel bad for her since she already works around 60 hours a week.

rant over.

Para81

Established Member
Wait a minute I lied, I just remember last year they gave me $500 on a prepaid debit card. Other that though nothing.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Nope, just Christmas parties, My mother provides Christmas bonuses and gifts to her employees, but I told her to reconsider this year since profits are non-existent, and last year when she provided less than normal they all complained that it wasn't as much as years prior. Thanks to obamacare family practice clinics are going to shut down due to no profits and reimbursements from insurance companies.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a Holiday card with my name spelled wrong.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Choosing between DSLR and iPad? :O

Damn, never going to get that.
I work for a big company (ABB) so you can maybe understand why they don't care about their employees.
Smaller companies are always better and more caring.

saleensc281

Established Member
The continued decline of a yearly pay raise, revocation of retirement funds, talk of implementing higher health care cost. Yeah, its been a great year thanks to all the douche rockets in today's government. Merry Christmas......right.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The continued decline of a yearly pay raise, revocation of retirement funds, talk of implementing higher health care cost. Yeah, its been a great year thanks to all the douche rockets in today's government. Merry Christmas......right.

I'm with this guy. Didnt even get a minor reach around bonus this yr. That's cuz I even wake up early, put my carpet out and start morning prayer to king Hussein Obama. Still nothing.

Jebadias

Established Member
My company likes me so much they let me come in to work for Christmas. We don't get anything, but they give us stuff like shirts, flashlights, hats, cups and stuff throughout the year. We get our bonus in April after they have time to analyze our 4th quarter results.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Choosing between DSLR and iPad? :O

Damn, never going to get that.
I work for a big company (ABB) so you can maybe understand why they don't care about their employees.
Smaller companies are always better and more caring.

We are a engineering firm, I actually work with your products. I'm a substation design engineer. The company is employee owned. I think we are at 480 employees now. And umm sorry guys but I've never paid a dime for health insurance and they switched dental so that isn't paid by me either. I guess I got real lucky when I got my job here. I've only worked for my dad in his 2 man mechanic shop so this nice. Oh and mu wife doesn't get shit at her company either. It's weird, she hates her job but can't find anything. I get bored but the way we are treated definitely makes up for that. But I'm not going to say that without working a ton of OT I would be getting the things I get. I will say that I get a lower wage to start but ot and bonus usually puts me above the national average by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread