WOOOHOOOO SOLO fun

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Placed second in the Novice class at Nashville Motor Speedway, around 14 drivers today in the class. My tires were the Falken Azensis (sp). I had a 41.7 sec time. I head to Iraq soon and only have one more event left this season, it will be in Fort Know to honor fallen soldiers. Next season I will be in the Street Modified class and may even switch to R compound tires.

fastbird86

Established Member
Congrats dude,

I remeber when I ran my first autocross and placed 4th out of 11 in the Novice class. Could have had 2nd and a trophy to but my car was classed wrong in the timing computer! Oh well!

But seriously congrats dude, now got to the non novice ranks and tear some s*** up!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
fastbird86 said:
Congrats dude,

I remeber when I ran my first autocross and placed 4th out of 11 in the Novice class. Could have had 2nd and a trophy to but my car was classed wrong in the timing computer! Oh well!

But seriously congrats dude, now got to the non novice ranks and tear some s*** up!
My first year is going to be novice on street tires. Next year when i get back (I leave in a couple weeks, again) from iraq I will be looking at some R compunds and stepping it up a notch. I ordered my magnetic numbers last week, should be here today.

redstangout

Do you see very many ladies doing autocross? I love it. But there wasn't any other women competing. This weekend was my first time. I got 2nd in my class because there were only two 05's..ha ha.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
redstangout said:
Do you see very many ladies doing autocross? I love it. But there wasn't any other women competing. This weekend was my first time. I got 2nd in my class because there were only two 05's..ha ha.
Nashville has some excellent female racers and most of the girls there are with their BFs or husbands.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
You guys should come down to Huntsville to run the August 27th event at Milton Frank Stadium.

Directions are at the bottom of this page

http://tvrscca.org/miltonf.htm

mfs.jpg

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Hunt93FiveO said:
HAHA ive done donuts,sliding about everywere in that parking lot.But of course not in my car:D

You should come out and see what your Mustang will do when it has to turn left and right.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Primaris said:
Glad you enjoyed yourself, say hello at the next event :)
Sure, I think i met you if you are the guy from Oak Grove. My time was second place until that crazy PAX thing. I need to break the code on the system.

Primaris

Established Member
Yep that is me.

PAX is a handicap system. What class are you running? Anyway here is how it works. A C5 ZO6 and a SVTF aren't equally fast. So some brainiac came up with a modifier, it is a simple percentage. The C5 runs in Super Stock (SS) and gets a PAX modifier of .840 or 84.0%. My car is "G" Stock (GS) and has a PAX of .794 or 79.4%.

Some examples:
C5 runs a 55.0 I run a 56.5.
C5 55.0 seconds x 84.0% (PAX) = 46.200
Me 56.5 seconds x 79.4% (PAX) = 44.861
So in this example I would finish higher in the PAX standings.

An FS Fairmont er, Mustang runs a 61.8 and I run 63.0. "F" Stock (FS) has a PAX of .805 or 80.5%
Mustang (FS) 61.8 seconds x 80.5% = 49.749
Me 63.0 seconds x 79.4% = 50.022
So I was close here but got beat by the Fairmont, er Mustang. Note this example is PURE fiction :p

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Primaris said:
Yep that is me.

PAX is a handicap system. What class are you running? Anyway here is how it works. A C5 ZO6 and a SVTF aren't equally fast. So some brainiac came up with a modifier, it is a simple percentage. The C5 runs in Super Stock (SS) and gets a PAX modifier of .840 or 84.0%. My car is "G" Stock (GS) and has a PAX of .794 or 79.4%.

Some examples:
C5 runs a 55.0 I run a 56.5.
C5 55.0 seconds x 84.0% (PAX) = 46.200
Me 56.5 seconds x 79.4% (PAX) = 44.861
So in this example I would finish higher in the PAX standings.

An FS Fairmont er, Mustang runs a 61.8 and I run 63.0. "F" Stock (FS) has a PAX of .805 or 80.5%
Mustang (FS) 61.8 seconds x 80.5% = 49.749
Me 63.0 seconds x 79.4% = 50.022
So I was close here but got beat by the Fairmont, er Mustang. Note this example is PURE fiction :p
I have the black flamed 03 Cobra. Did a 41.7 straight time. The announcer said i pulled into second. I found out later the PAX killed me since I'm street modified. I went from Mr. :D to Mrs. :whine: ! As far as fast and multpliers they don't compensate for cornering abilitywhere I could probably get some more time back..LOL not to mention the being my novice year. Oh well I'll be there on the 6th and off to Iraq after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread