Wont use PSR in Phoenix again!

Slythrin

People don't realise the impact stuff like that can have on their shop, the internet is a strong resource and the forums can have a huge impact on their customers.

Word of mouth is huge, people tell their friends all about their experiences with them and the fact that we are enthusiats make us much more likely to let others know, and it shows.

About2 bite

I like how you edit all the negative stuff you have typed

Lets tell your story. You went on line with a chirp problem and you asked all of your internet friends what would cause this problem and you came to the conclusion on your own that it was the TOB causing the noise, so you BOUGHT YOUR OWN PARTS BEFORE YOU CAME IN! and only wanted us to install YOUR SUPPLIED TOB. And you are up set because your supplied part still makes noise. Psr didn’t Diagnose your problem we only installed the parts you supplied, then you called and I talked to you. You made it sound as if we supplied the parts. ( I was not there when you came in the first time) so I told you that if we had supplied the parts that it would be covered under warranty 100%. However that was not the case, and I didn’t know it until I pulled your receipt and seen that you brought us the part to be installed. You see there was nothing wrong with the install the problem was actually the part you supplied or a current part that was already installed that we did not touch. remember you didn’t want to have us diagnose the problem so you asked on line that was your first mistake because no one can diagnose a problem correctly from the internet sorry to brake this to you. The next mistake is that you supplied your own parts ( this is just asking for problems because if there was a issue then you have no leg to stand on) oh and this is the best part. I think I was told by stage 3 that you actually had a bad clutch diaphragm that was previously installed by some other shop that we didn’t take apart but yet you feel compelled to blame PSR because you bought your own TOB/ when in fact the only blame that should be placed would be towards your self for bringing the parts and telling use to change only those parts that you brought… so in fact you miss diagnosed your own problem with the help of your internet friends and feel compelled to slam a shop that actually does top quality work on so many cars. Here is the best part you were wanting us to take care of the work until I told you that you would have to cover the labor because you supplied the parts the first time because if it would have been a faulty part I could have gone back to our supplier and taken care of it however that was not the case here. Remember this is a small world and what goes around does come around. So I wish you the best of luck with stage 3 because im sure you will be righting something like this soon about them too.

Here is an idea and I would like everyone to try this at home. Go to the grocery store and but a dozen of eggs then run down to IHOP and ask them to cook them for you see how far you get!! Same thing applies here.

All you did was hurt you other mustang buddies that don’t have much money because PSR will no longer install customer supplied parts. No exceptions

Trust me we would have rather not done the job. we have other people who like our work.

Rule of thumb people.

If you think you know what you are doing and buy your own parts and there is a problem with those parts you supplied could be defective or a part that was non related could cause your problems, how can you expect a shop to pay for your mistake??

Now if you take your car to a shop and tell them it is making a noise then that problem solely relies on that shop to make sure the issue is resolved.

I could understand if the trans fell out or the starter fell off the car after the install of your own parts however, This was not an issue with the craftsman ship of the work it is a complaint the customers inability to understand how warranty’s work or what is being told to them. In both cases the work was done and it was done correctly. Nothing more

Thanks Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

sam90lx

Established Member
Steve, actually PSR did'nt have many cars or people there at all, definatly looked
slower business wise than the last time I was there!

Shayne or Dan??? Thats alittle shady already....You had one guy on it and it took
40 minutes, I timed it. I understand you have to make money but you don't have
to gouge people. If you had been fair I would have done future business with you
guys, I have 2 Mustangs.

You also are a Liar about me talking bad about AMP as I have never done business
with them. I have met Tom and a couple of his guys and they are not near the Ass
you are.

And no Steve, it was not me....I am 43 years old. Also I was told Dan is not the
owner of PSR?

I am pretty easy to get along with and work with, but when I feel I have been
ripped off I will say so....Deal with it!

sam90lx

Established Member
Something else Dan while im at it, you should be a little more like Ethan at Stage 3.
He listens to the customer and does'nt spew shit about how he has the
fastest car in Arizona...you must have told me 10 times how you run 9's!
Who gives a Rats Ass! You also kept telling me how bad the IRS in my Cobra is...
you kept on and on about that....guess what? Thats your opinion!

Keep typing, I would love to keep promoting Stage 3 and AMP.

Slythrin

Something else Dan while im at it, you should be a little more like Ethan at Stage 3.
He listens to the customer and does'nt spew shit about how he has the
fastest car in Arizona...you must have told me 10 times how you run 9's!
Who gives a Rats Ass! You also kept telling me how bad the IRS in my Cobra is...
you kept on and on about that....guess what? Thats your opinion!

Keep typing, I would love to keep promoting Stage 3 and AMP.

your correct i am not the owner of PSR. what does that have to do with any thing??? As a matter a fact I was only there for about 10 min then left so nice try with your bull crap. I only work there and i was more than nice to you or the 10 min at I seen you, sorry if I was preoccupied doing my job. by your post here it would only seam that your intention is to talk crap about a shop so you feel important. If you have an issue with me then that is one thing but if you have an issue with the shop then that is another thing. Im thinking that there is no way you could have an issue with both... unless your true intention was to smear PSR and i just got in your way. I also agree Ethan is a nice person however I am not him nor do i try to be. I call it as it is. And unike you ill tell you to your face I don’t have to go on line to talk shit about a shop when they dd me a favor at the last moment when no one else could. I love how you come on line to talk crap about a shop and then you have changed it to be about me ... oh and yes you did talk shit about AMP that is when I stopped talking to you. You see I don’t need to talk shit bout any place because Im not a child and I don’t act that way. Tom is a friend of mine so i though that was odd that you were talking about them but then it hit me that you had no idea who you are talking to. kind of like here now you have no idea to whom you are talking shit about. so i guess it is only about the moment for you right!!!!! so look Flat rate is flat rate what part of that do you not under stand???? when you car goes to the dealer do you seriously thing it takes an hour to change a light bulb???? no it doesn’t but yet you pay for an hour of labor. so what is it Sam? Did your IRS fall out? Are you talking shit about PSR or are you just up set because i didnt give you money back? because the two guys in the back finished the job with in a timely manor? if the shop Did the job you asked and the price was agreed upon first hand (it was because you were told a head of time before you even drove up there) then what is your issue with the shop???? I have a feeling that your issue is with me because you cant decide what one you want to talk more shit about! I dont lie nor do i tell stories. however you are a different story all together you didnt get your way so now you are talking sheit and that sir would make you libel for slander. so i would get your story together. As for my screen name well that is my middle name and I couldn’t register Dan because Dan was already taken not that, that is any of your business. You are so mixed up that you don’t now if you are coming or going. Im thinking that you don’t even know who you are talking about at this point.

wow you are something else

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
About2 bite

I like how you edit all the negative stuff you have typed

Thanks Dan

Dan let me tell you something, the only negative thing I edited is the first post I made. It was about you and your shop. I'm not going to spread any bad news about anyone, I’ll tell the people I know and my friends about my negative experiences but that's it. I edited it right after I posted it. I can go into more detail about the TOB replacement if you'd like but I can guarantee you that you know where I am going. I asked you before I dropped my car off to let me know if I need a new clutch and after I picked it up I asked "how's the clutch?" you said something along the lines of "I think it's fine." We then went for a drive you scraped my exhaust leaving your shop :bash:
And no chirp!! YAY! I was happy even though I paid $550 :kaboom: but whatever, I brought in a tob, sleeve, fluid, etc... I wanted that replaced even if I needed a new clutch. But whatever that's irrelevant...

fast foreword one month

"Dan the tob is chirping again... WTF?" you say "The clutch is fine it's probably just an adjustment, bring it by I’ll look at it"

You pull the shielding on the clutch cable near the firewall adjuster and say it's fine and adjusted properly :dw:
I had never heard of taking that route in checking the adjustment of the clutch cable, but ok... I thought the cover plate was suppose to be pull off the bell housing and you were suppose to make sure the tob was NOT riding on the pressure plate fingers while the clutch was engaged? I guess that's a bit too much to ask for from one of your customers???? Let me guess I could have done it myself? Thanks :kaboom:

I call later and you say it's still an issue with the adjustment, oh it's possible it has a defective pressure plate but your cable probably needs some more adjustment. Your clutch is fine...

Ok I’m sure it is. Dan, I needed a new clutch, you guys knew that and didn't tell me. Talk to Stage 3 all you want, I don't really give a shit. I come to you guy for advice, I never got any attitude nor said anything negative about you, I recommended people to you after I first brought it in there and talked with Devin, i'd still recommend Devin, in my opinion you could learn a lot from him and how he interacts with YOUR customers. Devin is the only one I would ever let touch my car from your shop. There is a lot more to running a successful business than doing quality installs. I have no doubt that you have qualified installers that know their shit, but I know what happened when my car was in there, I can go into detail if you'd like?

:beer:

I'm not an asshole Dan and work in retail, I know how this stuff goes and what customer service is. I never said anything negative on any forum about you or your shop excluding this post. I will not just let you explain how I brought in a few parts and demanded an install when I came to you for advice and help, rather than receiving that I got the exact opposite. I stay out of any threads asking for shop advice because I cannot find a shop I am comfortable with, maybe I’m too picky, maybe I’m unlucky, I don't know :shrug: all I know is I’ll do what I can with jack stands at my place. If someone needs a shop recommendation I’ll say I’m sorry but I’m not the one to ask.

I don't want any tension between me and any of you guys, I come on here because I enjoy searching through the info on the forum, there is a lot of good information on here. If you see something in this post Dan that is incorrect let me know and I’ll be sure to edit it, otherwise everything I stated is exact and are my experiences with you and your shop.

BTW if you'd like you can pm me your post and I’ll correct the grammar mistakes for you prior to you submitting it :thumbsup:

Josh

Edit: For what it's worth, which isn't much, my first post was made at 1am and I edited it at 1:30am :read: the only person who read it was 5.4 Speedster. I didn't want to spread around negativity about you or your shop (or any shop for that matter), so you can apologize for that comment and rather than criticizing my post you can thank me :idea: No other post pertained to PSR in any way. So comment on my edits all you want :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
Steve, actually PSR did'nt have many cars or people there at all, definatly looked
slower business wise than the last time I was there!

Shayne or Dan??? Thats alittle shady already....You had one guy on it and it took
40 minutes, I timed it. I understand you have to make money but you don't have
to gouge people. If you had been fair I would have done future business with you
guys, I have 2 Mustangs.

You also are a Liar about me talking bad about AMP as I have never done business
with them. I have met Tom and a couple of his guys and they are not near the Ass
you are.

And no Steve, it was not me....I am 43 years old. Also I was told Dan is not the
owner of PSR?

I am pretty easy to get along with and work with, but when I feel I have been
ripped off I will say so....Deal with it!

I cant speak for Dan or PSR but I do know that the shop labor rate is plastered on the wall right when you walk in. I feel I'm being ripped off for fuel at this time, but I cant call up after I filled my tank and argue that the price of fuel is outrageous just cause I'm unhappy with the cost, it is what it is.

I'm sure if PSR over charged you for something and it was an error on the shops part they wouldnt hesitate to refund the money.

I run a shop called Brakes Plus here in town, I also have ran a place called Brake Masters for some time. The shop I currently work at has a flat rate for shocks and struts, it calls for 1.5 hours of labor for struts and .5 for shocks. Lets do the math, that is 2 hours on a newer style minivan I'll use that for example cause they have exactly that, front struts and rear shocks.
A good and fast tech will have the rear shocks changed in 5-10 minutes not 30 like he got paid for, the same goes for the front struts as they shouldnt take more than 45 minutes, but that tech still gets paid an hour and a half, but if it takes him 3 hours he just lost out as now he is working for free.
Next is alignment, typically those pay 1.0-1.5 depending on where you go, so if it takes him 15 minutes are you going to argue paying him the 1.0-1.5 hours he got paid for even though he got you in and out in less than book time? I think at that point you are paying for swift service and less down time and most customers are willing to pay as long as the job gets done properly in a timely fashion.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I feel I'm being ripped off for fuel at this time, but I cant call up after I filled my tank and argue that the price of fuel is outrageous just cause I'm unhappy with the cost, it is what it is.

That is probably the absolute worst comparison you could have came up with

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Amazing.............Simply amazing.

One guy bitches about getting serviced quickly at the rate he was quoted and ACCEPTED BEFORE HAND and the other chimes in with total BS to cover up HIS OWN mistake.

Could you please clarify who "the other" is

sam90lx

Established Member
It was'nt about you Dan until you responed with your mispelled novel talking
shit about me. I did'nt attack you in the original post, I simply stated I felt
ripped off.

Also Dan, I was reponding to Steve about you not being the owner...research
previous post!

And I did appreciate you all getting my car in quickly, maybe you should have
kept it in back for an hour or two so I would have felt I paid a fair price....
but you did'nt. The "one" employee you had on my car had the Iso's out
in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
That is probably the absolute worst comparison you could have came up with

How is that? When you slide your debit card or CC in the slot and push the 91 octane button you are agreeing to $4.30 per gallon(same concept of him walking in and agreeing to pay the labor rate) then after you get the shock that you just paid $60 bucks to fill your tank up(comparing to after he paid and left) you call the gas station and request that you feel that the fuel you paid for is not worth the $4.30 you paid cause you can go down the road and get it for $4.21 at another gas station. What do you think they are going to do....(Store clerk in a saudi voice) "We are sorry sir you agreed to pay the price at the pump, thank you come again".

Sounds simple if you ask me.

sam90lx

Established Member
Hey Steve, if your going to open your hole...get the facts straight!
The job took a total of 40 minutes...the employee had the Iso's out
in 20 minutes. Took another 20 to complete the job.

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
Hey Steve, if your going to open your hole...get the facts straight!
The job took a total of 40 minutes...the employee had the Iso's out
in 20 minutes. Took another 20 to complete the job.

So why dont you get your facts straight before dirtying up a shop on a very public forum. I just spoke with Ethan and Stage3's labor rate is $70 per labor hour while PSR's is $95, so there is your difference. The labor rate difference of $25 per hour, so you would complain regardless of where you took it as you wouldnt be able to justify $150 bucks for 40 minutes worth of work, but if his tech was slower and it took 3 hours you would have felt like you got your moneys worth right? lol ignorance is bliss.

Lets do some simple math

stage3 @ $70 per labor hour x 2.5 = $175
PSR @ $95 per labor hour x 2.5 = $237.50

So what is there to not understand?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Amazing.............Simply amazing.

One guy bitches about getting serviced quickly at the rate he was quoted and ACCEPTED BEFORE HAND and the other chimes in with total BS to cover up HIS OWN mistake.

Why YOU of course. Not had your coffee, coke, Spunky Monkey or whatever you use to TRY to bring yourself out of your stupor?

:lol:

Well could you please elaborate on how you came to that conclusion.

:pop:

How is that? When you slide your debit card or CC in the slot and push the 91 octane button you are agreeing to $4.30 per gallon(same concept of him walking in and agreeing to pay the labor rate) then after you get the shock that you just paid $60 bucks to fill your tank up(comparing to after he paid and left) you call the gas station and request that you feel that the fuel you paid for is not worth the $4.30 you paid cause you can go down the road and get it for $4.21 at another gas station. What do you think they are going to do....(Store clerk in a saudi voice) "We are sorry sir you agreed to pay the price at the pump, thank you come again".

Sounds simple if you ask me.

Have fun getting in contact with the middle east :beer:

Jefe

Established Member
Ive heard lots of good things about PSR and very few bad things about them. I need to find a reputable shop in Phoenix because Tucson sucks balls when it comes to tuners.

And im sorry if anyone here is actually thinking about using AMP, then you need to rethink your situation. AMP is the John Hennessey of Arizona. Tom Thompson royally screwed over a close friend of mine and I will never give them the time of day. He actually called the cops on him too for trespassing when all he wanted was his car back

Something as simple as isolators could have been done by anyone on HPS. They would of charged you $100 or a case of beer if you helped. Simple stuff like that, you just cant take to a shop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread