Wont Go In Reverse!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
So I just got done with my Whipple swap. I have not touched the drivetrain whatsover and only moved the clutch cable out of the way to install my valve covers. I go to pull the car out of the garage and it will not go in reverse at all. I wondered maybe cause the idle speed is high at first but once it dropped down to 900 or so it's like hitting a wall with the shifter. My only guess is I maybe screwed something up under the dash when I had to unbolt the hyrdroboost but the only electrical plug that was disconnected was the brake light switch. Is there a reverse lockout switch under there? The car goes into all other gears fine. The car sat for 5 monthes and all of a sudden this pops up. I'm stumped :shrug:

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Yeah there is. It should be on the drivers side of the trans just below the shifter tower (where the shifter bolts to the trans.).

So I could probably see it if I took off the shifter console/boot? I did have this off to put on my little ID plate

check the fuses, cant remember which one, but one controls lock out switch

Ok, I'll try and check and see if a fuse has blown for some reason.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I checked the fuse and it's fine. The cigarette lighter fuse was blown though I found that. And if the reverse lockout switch is the black cylinder looking connector under the shifter boot it has power also with the key on. Could this be tune related? I had my tuner put a tune in my predator so I could start the car with the bigger injectors. I e-mailed him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread