Wondering if something isn't right

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
Took my car to the track awhile back. I need driving lessons apparently lol. My car is an 04 cobra. It has kooks lts,o/r x,kb boost a pump,3:73s,2.73 upper,billetflow idlers and 4lb lower. The car trapped 116 that seems alittle low to me just wondering what your opinions are?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There's many factors that go into your final MPH. That being said, typical Terminators with your mods have/will trap in the 123-126 MPH range. Some factors that could negatively affect MPH are track conditions, weather (DA), car race weight, driving ability, rear tires, heat soak, and your tune. Running that uch boost without a ported blower and/or an aftermarket heat exchanger, puts you at risk for excessive IAT2 temps which would automatically retard timing.

19935.slow

Established Member
car ran 13 flat with 2.14 60s

You gain mph in the 60'. Harder the car hooks, it will mph more. Not to be confused with bogging and not spinning, that will decrease mph as well. You will prob trap 120 and be good for a mid 11 with a bia ply tire and a good clutch dump.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
What was the temp outside and elevation above sea level of the track you at?

To be honest, it does sound like something is wrong...13.0 a 116mph at his time of year?

Have you ever had he car dyno'd?

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
car put dwn 480. i was getting faster only made 3 passes . it was like 86 degrees when we called it a day

Users who are viewing this thread