Wondering about Bassani mid length headers

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
It looks like im going with a set of bassani mid length headers. How does everyone who has them like them? good tone? good power? I will be using a mac prochamber mid pipe. Anyone with sound vids, please post.

Thanks

drive_sideways

It looks like im going with a set of bassani mid length headers. How does everyone who has them like them? good tone? good power? I will be using a mac prochamber mid pipe. Anyone with sound vids, please post.

Thanks

Well it's going on a termi so I'm pretty sure they will sound really good regardless of shorties, mid or long tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I put them on a couple of years ago and have regretted not going with longtubes ever since. I picked up 6 pound feet of torque and gained some serious NVH because they make contact with the chassis. They did make great, albeit muted, sound, but they aren't worth the expense and hassle in my opinion. If you're going to go to the trouble of installing headers, go with longtubes.

Last edited:

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I have Bassani mid-length headers as well as a Bassani OR X and Borla Stingers. They were already on the car when I purchased it, so I can't speak to any install complications. Overall, I love them. No leaks, good quality, no rubbing. It sounds amazing, IMO. Puts a smile on my face and makes others roll up their windows.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I put them on a couple of years ago and have regretted not going with longtime so ever since. I picked up 6 pound feet of torque and gained some serious NVH because they make contact with the chassis. They did make great, albeit muted, sound, but they aren't worth the expense and hassle in my opinion. If you're going to go to the trouble of installing headers, go with longtubes.

Check your motor mounts. They shouldn't be contacting anything. I think that's in line with what bdubbs picked up with his long tubes.

I have Bassani mid-length headers as well as a Bassani OR X and Borla Stingers. They were already on the car when I purchased it, so I can't speak to any install complications. Overall, I love them. No leaks, good quality, no rubbing. It sounds amazing, IMO. Puts a smile on my face and makes others roll up their windows.

I had a similar set up in the past. But I had a catted X. I liked how it sounded. The people that could hear it over the BOV thought it sounded good. I still have the headers in the garage for when I get the urge to put them in.

Pantera1

Established Member

Do you have a video? I've got the same setup just with cats

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Check your motor mounts. They shouldn't be contacting anything. I think that's in line with what bdubbs picked up with his long tubes [\QUOTE]

The motor mounts are fine. The tech pulled me into the bay to show me during the install. Maybe it's just my car.

I also lost RWHP. Boost pressure dropped 1-2 PSI, but that's to be expected and means the system's working a bit more efficiently.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I have them and am very happy. It's pretty well documented that long tubes don't gain much either on the 600hp combos.
Mine fit great, sound good, clear the ground good and I'm sure breathe well. If the price is right I say go for it.
One tip, use reflex gaskets. They seal much better than the ones bassani sells.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Sounds really good, Shane. How's the sound inside the cabin?
Thank you, Bob. As for the sound inside the cabin goes, you def have to speak above the exhaust note under moderate acceleration. Forget any conversation under hard throttle. Although it's probably not the loudest out there, I'd say its easily in the top 5. I personally enjoy a 4V with a deep, pronounced exhaust, though. There's nothing like it. Its one of the main reasons why I stepped out of my 87 GN. The 3.8L exhaust tone just didn't do it for me.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
Do yourself a favor , buy remflex gaskets for bassani headers, I used them along with my stock gasket and stuck with the stud and nut stock fastening system , worked , no leak , my pair is ceramic coated , I have full bassani set-up no cats, they did originally come with a resonator in the tips which I threw away,
Bassani's sound just right for me especially when you drop the pedal to the metal , when I pulled my motor mount during install they were shot with just 12000 miles, put solid mounts on instead

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Anyone install these without revising your tune? I'm right at 11.9-12.0 afr on e85 so not sure it'd be worth it without a revision

Users who are viewing this thread