Wiring up V6/CS fog lights with 2013 LED fogs

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Need some input on how to go about wiring up some V6/CS fog lights to be used on my 2013.

Since the LEDs emit a blu-ish light, that K temp is almost useless in fog, so I want to install the V6/CS fogs to run 3K HIDs to cut through no problems.

Here's the dillema...

The LED fogs I know use less power than an HID bulbs, much less a halogen bulb. So I know that I will more than likely have to run a separate power supply wire likely from the battery itself or somewhere else with a hot terminal. When it comes to activating the fogs, however, this is where I am stuck.

I have two option... 1) Relay from the existing harness to reroute power to the V6/CS fogs when the LED fogs are one (switch pulled out)... 2) Wire the V6/CS fogs to their own "harness" and just install a stand alone switch somewhere in the cabin, preferebly close to the headlight switch for easy access

So what do you guys think is the best option?

Also, if anyone has any of these lights for sell, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. Just send me a PM about how much you're asking. :thumbsup:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have compiled this myself on TMS. Hopefully it serves you with some insight.

Grilles for 2013's? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
I appreciate your insight, Danielle. I'm not really look for the parts, but more or less how to go about installing them and how to make them function with the current lights. Unless I am missing something within the above post. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :beer:

However, that link you posted for the Boss grill, OMG, I will buy you dinner, drinks (with an S) and a garden for saving me that much money! Hahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread