Wiring up electric fan?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Ok got my hands on a brand new in the box Mark VIII fan. How does it need to be wired so it will automatically come on and off? I am lost when it comes to electrical work lol so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

racerbox77

Established Member
I got my kit at Autozone for about $20. It has a probe that goes in the radiator fins and a dial that I hid near the coil. I set it so it goes on at 160and off when it drops below. Works great. No need to spend $100+

carguy19

Established Member
I personally wouldnt recommend anyone to DCC. I tried to contact them for 6 weeks to order a controller and fan. They never got back to me.

I ended up with the flex a lite controlller from summit racing with the dual ramchargers fans.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Well I had nothing but good experience with Brian from DCC
When I had issues with my wiring schematic to wire a FORD Taurus fan to the controller, he looked up the wire colors of the Ford fan so I can hook it up properly. And was quick to get back to me too.
When I bought one of his fans, he discounted various things that I didnt need and he worked and email me everyday to try to figure something out for my car.
So I dont know, maybe he was very busy that week?
I have nothing but good things to say about his customer service.
And the units works damn good

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Baskin is AWESOME as are his products. He has an amazing amount of emails sent to him on a daily basis, and builds all the controllers/kit to order, himself.

Instead of trying to contact him to order fan, why didn't you simply order one through the site?

However, if you are in a hurry for the controller, then you are going to be dissapointed. Turn times are prob. at 4 weeks right now since it's the heart of summer. I got mine in about 2 weeks, but ordered it during winter time.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Have a stout enough fan, and you guys with a simple switch setup are going to start eating alternators. That startup spike when you flip the switch is a huge amp draw on alternator.

The mk8 fan can draw as much as 80a with a switch startup, vs the soft start the dcc employs. Plus, the dcc runs the fan only as hard as it needs to, so the constant amp draw is MUCH lower than a simple switch setup...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
This allowed the mk8 fans to run in "two speeds". Essentially, the first ground let the fan run at ~6v, the second one ran it at the full 12v (this was controlled by the eec).

You can use either one as long as you supply it with the full 12v...

Users who are viewing this thread