Wiring up an N2MB WOT box and Raptor shift Light on a 2009 GT500

Willie

Established Member
One question I have is, with key on, and accelerator pressed to floor, there is some sound from the engine compartment. Is this normal?

I don't know as I have not tested mine yet. Do you hear the sound with the switch on AND off, or just with it turned on?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I don't know as I have not tested mine yet. Do you hear the sound with the switch on AND off, or just with it turned on?

I hear it with the switch on and off as soon as I start to depress the gas pedal with car not started and key on. The sound is coming from the TB.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Here's a few software screen values I'm seeing.

After selecting "Ford" in RPM source. I noticed TPS voltage is 1.45V. I'm pretty sure this it was it's supposed to be with key on. TB is FRPP SCJ Mono.
wotboxpic1.jpg

This is with clutch depressed to floor. Reads 5V and down.
wotboxpic2.jpg

This is with gas pedal pressed to floor. N2MB says set TPS voltage to 75% which I think would mean I would have to change the highlighted 3.00V to 2.85V which is 75% of the 3.80V. I'm not sure if this change is really necessary. I also deactivated the 2-step.
wotboxpic3.jpg

What are some of you setting the no-lift settings at?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Here's a pic at the PCM (top right). Tough with 6 wires going to 3 different PCM connectors.
wotboxpic4.jpg

Here's were I chose to mount the shift light and some switches. I already had a small line lock switch at the lower right, so I wasn't too concerned about hacking up this panel.
wotboxpic5.jpg

Here's my line of sight with the Raptor. Should have no problem seeing it since they're pretty bright.
wotboxpic6.jpg

SVT_Mill3R

Established Member
How bad is the install? I was thinking it would be a 1 day after work kind of project. Now Im thinking otherwise. Installing mine on my 5.0 this week...I hope

V.C

Set aside some time to do this correctly and don’t rush it and cut/splice the wrong wire. But I did mine in 3hrs start to finish and hind my wiring harness so that you don’t even know I have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good read. We installed this on my '14 but haven't tried it yet.
On the list of things to finally finish this winter.
I'd like to use the 2-step on strip outings and the no lift shifts all the time.
On datalogs, I'm seeing shift rpm flair to 7300-7500 depending on 6700-7000rpm shift points.
Any idea if this helps shift rpm flair?
Motor is still built and cams peak at least 7000rpm, but still hoping to limit that with the WOT box no lift shift.
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Good read. We installed this on my '14 but haven't tried it yet.
On the list of things to finally finish this winter.
I'd like to use the 2-step on strip outings and the no lift shifts all the time.
On datalogs, I'm seeing shift rpm flair to 7300-7500 depending on 6700-7000rpm shift points.
Any idea if this helps shift rpm flair?
Motor is still built and cams peak at least 7000rpm, but still hoping to limit that with the WOT box no lift shift.
-J
When you hit the clutch with no lift shift enabled, there is no flair at all. Instant drop while boosting until your preset time is up or when in auto, you release the clutch pedal. I have mine set for auto; Ive go no desire to have my ignition kick back on until my clutch is reengaging.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
When you hit the clutch with no lift shift enabled, there is no flair at all. Instant drop while boosting until your preset time is up or when in auto, you release the clutch pedal. I have mine set for auto; Ive go no desire to have my ignition kick back on until my clutch is reengaging.
Thanks man, that's what I had anticipated also.
I'm hoping it leads to safer, more consistent shifts.
Good mounting ideas above too.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread