wiring up a narrowband

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
i have a narrowband autometer gauge that i got to fill a hole in the dual pod i have. really only cared about the boost gauge but the narrowband will help me keep an eye on things in the event my cats let go. i am aware of the wideband in the dash just when racing its easier to see the narrowband go green rather than take my eyes off the road and watch the wideband. has a power wire, ground and signal wire that instructions say to tap into the o2 sensor readings. anyone want to give some advice on wiring this thing up?

boost gauge is already wired i will use same power and ground for narrowband just need signal

heart_attack

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can use a wide band o2 sensor with a narrow band gauge. Wide band has a 5v sweep and a narrow has a 1v sweep? It's been awhile since I've messed with this stuff.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Don't tap into the existing wideband wires, that would compromise the signal to the ECU. Do it right, get an aeroforce. Widebands are very sensitive and running an additional wire will result in a voltage/signal drop... not good on a wideband controlled FI car.

But hey it's just advice. :beer: Just consider this... people were burning up motors by running short O2 extensions doing header installs.

Last edited:

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Well didn't know that. Good to know. But with a wide band I assume you wouldn't tap the pm reading and instead you would run off a supplied sensor that you'd install in the exhaust? Really I just need another gauge to fill the dam double pod. Really wish they made singles like my lightning had.

Users who are viewing this thread