Wiring Questions... Electricians step inside

Spoolx

Established Member
Ok, so I wired my garage and a bench I installed and I am starting to second guess my self.

I installed a 30amp breaker and ran the 4 wire ten gauge over to my bench (2hot, 1 common, 1 neutral)

I then terminated all 4 at my generator plug

I took the two hot and the common and ran them to my welder plug

I took one hot and the common and ran them to a series of outlets.

In my head it makes sense that it works, but I am starting to second guess myself..

Any electricians out there have an opinion?

Thanks

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It would be L1 120 vac (black wire), L2 120 vac (red wire), Neutral (white wire), Ground copper wire.

L1 and L2 go to 30 amp breaker terminal lugs, white and ground go to neutral/ground bus bar inside the electrical panel.

By "generator plug" you mean generator receptacle? Do you have a junction box you are running power from to your various loads?

From the electrical panel, to a junction box, you will have all 4 wires going to your generator receptacle, L1, L2, neutral white and ground. Be 100% certain to land the wires on the proper terminals designated on generator receptacle.

From the junction box you will have L1, neutral white and ground to receptacle(s).

From the junction box you have L1, L2, and ground to welder receptacle. Welders run on 240 split phase, no need for neutral white wire, they do require ground wire though.

Legal disclaimer: I officially advise you to hire a licensed electrician.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Youre going to set the building on fire. Please people dont do your own wiring unless youre trained.
The above advise is correct by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread