wiring harness q'

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
quick question for you turbo terminators...

if you're using the stock 99/01 intake... what about the wiring harness? can the 03 harness be used??? would it work for an N/A setup before installing the turboes???

TRBO VNM

stock harness. all the crap on the side of the eaton is turned off in the tune. even the EGR for my setup. all I have connected is the injectors, FRPS, MAP/IAT2 sensor, TPS and IAC.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
TRBO VNM said:
stock harness. all the crap on the side of the eaton is turned off in the tune. even the EGR for my setup. all I have connected is the injectors, FRPS, MAP/IAT2 sensor, TPS and IAC.

so I could run the 03 wiring harness with a stock 99 cobra motor... and ask the tuner to make me a tune for this? what exactly does he need to switch off?

thanks for the help

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
could you please post pics of your setup? I'm trying to get my car back up running and I have all the 03 cobra wiring but a 99 motor because the 03 motor was damaged during shipping...

TRBO VNM

ok, I didn't see the 99 motor thing, but that still shouldn't be a problem. 99 cobra motor I assume?

check my site for pics TRBO VNM's page. right now that is all I have since I am not home.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
TRBO VNM said:
ok, I didn't see the 99 motor thing, but that still shouldn't be a problem. 99 cobra motor I assume?

check my site for pics TRBO VNM's page. right now that is all I have since I am not home.

yes, I have a 99 cobra motor with 03 heads and cams and a 99 intake... we built that motor after finding the 03 cobra stroker shortblock damaged during shipping... I need to get the car running asap and the stock 99 motor would not like the eaton for too long... that's why I'm using the 99 intake.

checked your site... awesome info :rockon:

if you have a moment later and could pm me or email to [email protected] what connectors I don't need and how to wire all of it that would save my life...

TRBO VNM

N/Angel said:
yes, I have a 99 cobra motor with 03 heads and cams and a 99 intake... we built that motor after finding the 03 cobra stroker shortblock damaged during shipping... I need to get the car running asap and the stock 99 motor would not like the eaton for too long... that's why I'm using the 99 intake.

checked your site... awesome info :rockon:

if you have a moment later and could pm me or email to [email protected] what connectors I don't need and how to wire all of it that would save my life...

call me tonight. I will have 2 at the house I can look at and talk to you about over the phone. it will make it easier. call after 6:30pm eastern time.

240-299-6532
Jason

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
TRBO VNM said:
call me tonight. I will have 2 at the house I can look at and talk to you about over the phone. it will make it easier. call after 6:30pm eastern time.

240-299-6532
Jason

6:30 eastern time is after midnight my time :(

...newest information I got... apparently the 03 pcm won't work with a 99 motor :shrug: it would need to be programmed by ford for a 99 cobra?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
ok... talked to my tuner... he said he can make it work tune-wise...

@TRBO VNM... what's the latest your time I could call you?

TRBO VNM

I am usually up till midnight my time. if you want to call me about 5pm if you are still up, try that. but I won't be home yet. I won't get there till about 5:45 at the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread