Wiring harness for aftermarket deck??? Where can I find one??

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
I've tried the local Circuit Sh!tty, and Radio Shack....no one has a harness for a 00' Lightning. Where can I find one on line? Does anyone have a model # or part #??

Thanks!

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I guess you mean for the head unit and not the CD player? I never did find one so I had the guy at the stereo store make one for me.

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Originally posted by FlaSVT
I guess you mean for the head unit and not the CD player? I never did find one so I had the guy at the stereo store make one for me.

FlaSVT-
Thanks for answering....Yeah....I'm just adding a deck. I need to find a harness that will let me plug in to the factory harness. I'm not concerned about the 6 disc changer (or the loss of it).

Surely there has to be a wiring harness for an F-150 Stereo!! I've seen 30 guys on here w/ aftermarket decks.....did all of them have a custom harness made?

HELLOOooooo.....Anyone??

tms217

Established Member
?

Do you know if you change the dech you will not be able to use the Speed sensitive option. Unless your NEW deck has it also. I dont know about anyone else but that option is somethig I would never want to lose.

Terry

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I've changed out the OEM radio for Eclipse gear and I still have the speed/volume adjustment. Ok, it's not automatic anymore. I just reach over and turn it up or down as needed. :D The aftermarket gear sounds so much better that I can live without the automatic speed/volume adjustment. :smmon:

ThunderStruck

Established Member
I got mine from Myer-Enco.
It's made by Metra and is part #70-1771.
fe4eeb4a.gif.orig.gif

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Yeah... I finally found one (At BestBuy). Got it hooked up w/ no trouble. Now I have to find a grommet to run my power wire for the amp. I'm thinking about going thru near the streering column....anyone tried this method?? Is there a better alternative?

BTW...I didn't even realize that we had Speed sensitive Volume control (???). Mine must've been de-activated. On my SS (Monsoon system), it's extremely apparent that the volume raises and lowers, I even noticed it during the test drive before the salesman informed me of it......I've never heard the L do anything....without my hand touching the dial.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
wal-mart.

In the auto dept where I work we have harnesses for most vehicles in stock. We even have kits but I'm not sure if there is one for the F150. :)

nyctrashguy

Established Member
hey ebbsnflow,

what year did the harness say? i only see to 97 is that
the one or is there one for newer ones? About the amp wire
i seen guys on here saying theres a rubber plug on the passenger
side under the plastic step cover by the kick panel that u could run a wire through.

later

Users who are viewing this thread