Wiring FireWire to Wideband

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
I have a AutoMeter Phantom wideband 5779 installed. I got my SCT fire wire and need to wire it to the wideband. Is there a diagram for the auto meter wideband? Thanks

olympic

Established Member
https://www.autometer.com/media/manual/2650-1465.pdf

Looks like there's a blue wire and a black wire that are the outputs for data logging.

As for the SCT Firewire:

SCT-9608.firewire 2-channel input cable diagram.jpg

olympic

Established Member
Connect the blue wire from the wideband to the orange on the Firewire. Then the black from the wideband to the blue on the firewire. Try that and see if you can get it to work. If not, try blue to red and black to green. Remember to enter the equation in Livelink for your wideband so you can datalog A/F ratio instead of volts.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Connect the blue wire from the wideband to the orange on the Firewire. Then the black from the wideband to the blue on the firewire. Try that and see if you can get it to work. If not, try blue to red and black to green. Remember to enter the equation in Livelink for your wideband so you can datalog A/F ratio instead of volts.
Which equation are you referring to?

olympic

Established Member
It's under Tools>>Equations in Livelink. Enter the equation for your wideband in the appropriate "analog input" field.
Untitled.jpg

The list on the right doesn't have an equation for Autometer but from the instruction manual for the gauge it states

The signal provided is a linear 0-4 volts output. 0 volts out equals 10.0 Air/Fuel Ratio, 4 volts out equals 17.0 Air/Fuel Ratio.

So an the equation (v*1.6)+10 should be pretty close.

When I datalog my car, the wideband shows up in Livelink as "analog input 7" for whatever reason. I'm far from an expert on thjis subject so hopefully my info is helping....lol.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
It's under Tools>>Equations in Livelink. Enter the equation for your wideband in the appropriate "analog input" field.View attachment 1634541

The list on the right doesn't have an equation for Autometer but from the instruction manual for the gauge it states

So an the equation (v*1.6)+10 should be pretty close.

When I datalog my car, the wideband shows up in Livelink as "analog input 7" for whatever reason. I'm far from an expert on thjis subject so hopefully my info is helping....lol.

so I’ve wired my FireWire. It changes at around 2.76V at idle. On analog 8 I wrote my equation on LiveLink and hit the green arrow. Does that mean my equation is set? Also it still reads in volts on my SCTX4 Is that okay?

olympic

Established Member
That should work. When you open the datalog file in Livelink the equation will be applied to show A/F ratio.

1FastFord

Established Member
I realize this is an old thread, but I need to do this now and not familiar with how the wideband was installed. Where am I connecting these wires? I have an autometer cobalt wideband.

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
Is this your gauge? 2-1/16

If so you can click on "Instructions: Download PDF" and it will show you which wires are for datalogging. These wires are likely coiled up behind the gauge in the pod, or sometimes the wires are extended down under the dash or console for easier access for datalogging.

Users who are viewing this thread