Wire Upgrade

Termilvr

Established Member
does anyone know a place to get quallity parts for a return setup?
how much wire do i need? 20-25ft
8 or 10 gauge for twin 405's?
do i wire the hat to the exiting pump wire and then splice that into the relay or do i run new wire to the hat?
its a fore hat so lethals wire kit wont work

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
12 gauge should be plenty if you are running wires to each pump. You should only need 10 ft or so since you're just coming off the hat and running it to around where the FPDM's are.

There is a seller on eBay that sells 50ft worth of 12 awg for around $20. That's the cheapest I could find it.

For wiring it, there are several threads in the Terminator section that show how to wire the pumps up.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
does anyone know a place to get quallity parts for a return setup?
how much wire do i need? 20-25ft
8 or 10 gauge for twin 405's?
do i wire the hat to the exiting pump wire and then splice that into the relay or do i run new wire to the hat?
its a fore hat so lethals wire kit wont work

Why wouldn't our kit work? All you would need to do is clip the connector off at the end that would normally plug right into the DX hat, and connect those wires to the wires coming out of your Fore hat. That's all you would need to do in order to connect it to ANY other pump hat that just has bare wires.

*edit* And I just noticed this thread is 1 month old, so I guess this will be a lesson to the rest of you that might be trying to do something similar, haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread