Wiper blade recommendations other than OEM?

mustangbob

Established Member
I was washing the car today and noticed the rubber is falling off the OEM blades on it. SoI have been researching a while and looks like OEM runs about $120 for the cars now. Some of the posts I have seen on this topic are fairly dated so I am looking to see if there has been any updates on it. I am just looking for the best reasonably priced blade right now and your guys experiences with them.

Thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I run the Bosch on two out of three of my vehicles. No complaints.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Hit your local auto parts store and buy any of the blades. Remove the rubber from your OEM “aero-blades” and insert the new rubber. I did this a while back and it worked like a champ. This keeps the metal airfoil intact. Unfortunately some owners threw away their OEM blades and put aftermarket refills on these cars only to find that the original blades are no longer made and expensive when you find them.

I also bought a set of NOS backup blades and although you now mostly see them for $120ish, I still occasionally see them on eBay for $99.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
my preview owner, went to autozone to get a wiper blade change, autozone throw away the old blade, the preview owner and the autozone dude is idiot

mustangbob

Established Member
Hit your local auto parts store and buy any of the blades. Remove the rubber from your OEM “aero-blades” and insert the new rubber. I did this a while back and it worked like a champ. This keeps the metal airfoil intact. Unfortunately some owners threw away their OEM blades and put aftermarket refills on these cars only to find that the original blades are no longer made and expensive when you find them.

Awesome. I am going to try this first.

Users who are viewing this thread