Winter wheels? What do you run?

jedeyeben

Established Member
So I was going to get a good set of winter wheels to put on the car this year. I already have a new set of stock wheels that I am going to put them on, but I don't have the tires. I was looking for some advice on a good set of bad weather rubber to mount up over the winter months just incase I get caught out in it. I use the 99 as my daily driver and Last year I got lucky with an easy winter, light snow, and my nittos. My wife and I had a front wheel drive to fall back on last year too, but not this year. I don't expect it to be great but I was just curious if anyone else on here had any experience with the snow and muck.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Blizzaks are the way to go. I bought a 93 Tempo instead and store my Cobra. I drove it the first winter I had and that was good enough for me.

99cobradave

Established Member
Originally posted by ReallyRedCobra
Blizzaks are the way to go. I bought a 93 Tempo instead and store my Cobra. I drove it the first winter I had and that was good enough for me.

Ditto. Blizzaks are awesome. They come in 245/45's also. Just the tires and 150# of weight in the trunk and you'll be safe. I have this combo on my wifes's GT. Can't go wrong.

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I hear good things about the blizzaks.. but this is what I drive..

Cobra gets a break..

89_front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread